The RWA Category

Maybe you should make a poll to see what the majority think.

1 Like

So you’re saying that something that is optional from the entire infinite flight simulator will affect the experience. I think I will let a moderator explain the reasoning, I am personally against the abolition of the RWA section.

1 Like

I’ve said this several times. This forum is for Infinite Flight, not aviation. I feel like the RWA category has gone too far, and is a tad overused. A lot of stuff that is posted in RWA isn’t related to Infinite Flight at all. That’s not the point. The point is that we unite the Infinite Flight community and talk about it. Yes, I do understand aviation is a big part of Infinite Flight, but this forum was created to talk about the simulator itself, not the real world aviation aspects of it. That’s how I see it.

I have hidden RWA, spotting and some other non IF related categories and content, which quite frankly does not leave much.

1 Like

It does not leave much - I agree. That just shows how many posts are about non Infinite Flight related content.

Thing is, people can’t talk about the sim, because just about everything has been talked about, and duplicate posts are strangely forbidden.

I know I am going a bit off topic, but with 800 new members in the past 30 days you would think this place would be a beehive of IF related activity. So where are they all? Well, most have been flagged, closed and deleted.

Instead we talk about favourite TV shows, model planes, trains and other silly bugger stuff.

2 Likes

I agree. Maybe the forum people need to consider to be a bit more lenient on the whole duplicate post situation.

1 Like

So it’s not actually RWA’s fault, there are other problems, getting rid of RWA isn’t going to fix it.

1 Like

I believe getting rid of RWA is the first step to cleaning up this forum. A lot needs to change, and I want to be apart of it. Yes, getting rid of RWA isn’t going to fix all the problems, but it’s the first step, as I said.

What would it fix? Is decreasing the amount of potential discussion the way to go? The real question is: “What will getting rid of RWA do?” I don’t think removing RWA will stimulate the amount of discussion on other categories, there won’t be much fixed. There is already enough moderation and thread deletion I think.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

I got this idea months ago, I suggested making a limit to post for that category. Nice to see people with same ideas!

1 Like

RWA is important because: where else am I going to do aircraft histories

1 Like

Which is from a specific website and the “histories” can always be looked up in that site.

Interesting discussion.
I’ve posted a few things in RWA. Not because it was related to IF but because it was interesting and possible to post since that category exits.
I can image it takes away from the real IF related content.
Maybe the description should be changed first.
It now states “Here you can discuss your interests in real world aviation. Use this
category to talk about your experience not related to Infinite Flight.”.
Maybe that should be changed to “Here you can discuss real world aviation and your experience related to Infinite Flight.”.
It might help.

Just my two cents.

It would be #offtopic then, people talking about life stories and stuff.

That’s out of context!
I wrote: “real world aviation and your experience related to Infinite Flight”. ;)

Maybe this would be better. “your experience with real world aviation, related to Infinite Flight”.

• Like the RWA category
  • Don’t care about the RWA category
  • Hate the RWA category

0 voters