The runway 24 approach of EHAM

The runway approach 24 is very special. We have to line up at runways 27 and then pass on the 24. Did you know?

Screenshot_20170923-143810

9 Likes

Yup its a break off from the ILS on 27 to visual onto 24. Very fun to do on IF. I recommend it when EHAM is not having a lot of traffic and there is no ATC.

5 Likes

Yes, you may want to add this approach to the test to become an ATC expert

1 Like

ATC isnt for me so I will not be partaking of the ATC stuff.

1 Like

This will not happen. The IFATC exam is a test for general things, like patterns, sequencing, clearances, groundwork, etc. Testing for knowledge of specific approaches does not fit this criteria. If you have any questions about what the IFATC exam tests for and covers, please pm either Tyler Shelton, Mark Denton, or Joe

3 Likes

I’ve already done this approach to runway 24, but only in TS1, because I’ve never seen anyone do that in Expert Server. If I try, I’m afraid to bring a ghost.
But this approach is very cool.

1 Like

You actually aren’t lining up with runway 27, but on the 268 radial from the VOR. It has nothing to do with runway 27.

2 Likes

Thanks man I didn’t know that❤️

The expert server ATC must be informed about this approach so that pilots are not ghosted

2 Likes

Taken note of… maybe…

2 Likes

Yes, I try to do it all the time but ATC always makes me land on 27

1 Like

Very interesting indeed! Never knew this.
But the approach chart is clear: it’s clearly not a straight line into 24. I wonder why it’s like this. Could this be to avoid clash with runway 22?
Brandon is right; the approach is more North from the ILS of runway 27.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I had a post on this on the FB page and got asked how it’s IF related. Anyway, it’s one of the more fun and interesting approaches to do at any airport on IF in my opinion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.