The reason the A380 is where it is now

The reason the Airbus A380 is where it is now is becouse of Boeing, Airbus was sick of airlines going to Boeing if they wanted an aircraft, Airbus hated that, and then Airbus
Decided to make the worlds biggest passenger airliner ever .The Airbus A380. As soon as Airbus told the world that they are making the worlds biggest passenger plane ever, Boeing heard what they were making and thought let’s make a plane that can compete with the A380. The Boeing 747-8i. But befour they decided to make the 747-8i they announced that they should only be point to point flights in a small aircraft. And thats when they started to make the 787 Dreamliner. Boeing said that the Dreamliner will be the most fuel efficient aircraft in the world. Airbus carried on making the A380. Meanwhile the 787 Dreamliner was being made and becouse the 787 was small, it didn’t take long for Boeing to finish that. As soon as that was finished Boeing upgraded they 747, and becouse they didn’t have to design the 747 from scratch it didn’t take long to finish as well. All Boeing had to do with the 747 is make it lighter and fuel efficeit then the A380, which boeing had accomplished. When the A380 was finished being made they had a tonne of orders mainly be Emirates, but becouse off all the delays most of the orders for the A380 had been canceled, also by then the 787 Dreamliner had been a great success. And now that’s why the A350 has been made, to compete with the 787… See that when Boeing announced that they should be ponit to point flights … They are kinda making that happen. I hope you red all of what I wrote and found it interesting, also I am very sorry if I said anything wrong or against anyone.

2 Likes

A380 development started in the 80s and Boeing responded with the 747-400. The 747-8 was a way for Boeing to gain some orders for the 747 since the -400 book had dried up.

787 took a while to develop. Recall any of the issues Boeing had?

747-8 is lengthened and includes many parts from future developments compared to the 747-400-It’s not as simple as lightening it and making it more fuel efficient.

2 Likes

That’s not quite the story.

1 Like

Something tells me you saw the A380 documentary on discovery for a few days ago 😉

3 Likes

Haha tosin true but watched it on YouTube :)

Is the reason why the 787 would be the most fuel efficent aircraft is because a computer desgnied it? Or no.

1 Like

That could’ve helped. New advances in tech knowledge help

Of course it’s competition. The opposite is true too

1 Like

Nickchan I agree fully with you.

1 Like