The Queen In Aviation

Wherever you are in the world, you will probably have heard of the recent news of the death of the Queen.

Amongst the sadness of the news, I thought I would share a few pictures of her in aviation.

Aviation has the ability to connect with people all around the world, all walks of life and all experiences, and that, for me is what makes aviation so special.

I hope you can enjoy these images and appreciate what a remarkable woman she was.

Her Majesty The Queen, Greeted By Archbishop Michael Gonzi, Luqa Airport, Malta, 23 November 1967 (Image Credit: British Airways)

Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II, BOAC Stratocruiser, Bermuda, 24 November 1953. (Image Credit: British Airways)

Queen Elizabeth visits the flight deck of the Concorde supersonic airliner during her flight home from Bridgetown, Barbados, after her Silver Jubilee tour of the West Indies in 1977. Photographer: Ron Bell/PA/Getty Images

The Queen aboard Concorde. Credit: British Airways

Queen Elizabeth II on her first Royal Tour of Australia in 1954. The Queen travelled Australia onboard a specially fitted out Qantas Lockheed Constellation aircraft named ‘Horace Brinsmead’. Credit: Qantas

article-2050818-0E6FF66200000578-33_634x425
Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke Edinburgh arrive in Canberra, Australia, for an 11 day tour of the Commonwealth country. Credit: PA Media

Thank you for everything Ma’am.

See you in the skies. 🌟

103 Likes

May the queen rest in our hearts for centuries to come

16 Likes

Beautiful tribute to Her Majesty: Along with great pictures of The Queen standing in front of our common passion.

5 Likes

Another Picture of Her Majesty After arriving at the Grantley Adams International Airport

14 Likes

Rest in forever peace her majesty!! ◼️◼️◼️◼️🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

5 Likes

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing these iconic moments !

2 Likes

lovely picture! thank you for sharing

2 Likes

Thank you for your iconic reign god save the Queen :(

3 Likes

She will live forever in our hearts

2 Likes

That was very thoughtful and respectful of you to do. Thank you.

May Her Majesty Rest in Peace.

May she find the Ceiling And Visibility Unlimited as she departed to ascend through the sky one last time… . CAVU

9 Likes

Long live the queen. 🇬🇧

4 Likes

So sad to hear… The queen lived a great life though

1 Like

and a well travelled one too!

I beg your pardon, What?

3 Likes

when the queen is already dead…

When youre not even from UK and youre really sad about the Queen…

4 Likes

Over 100 countries in fact

2 Likes

Rest in Peace Your Majesty. God Save the King

1 Like

I feel bad about the queen. Did the queen ever fly the queen of airplanes??? I mean the 747

Yes

8 Likes