The Propeller planes are hard to fly

When ever I fly the Cirrus, Cessana, and caravan I always have bad takeoffs and landings, no matter how smith the landing is I always swerve to the side even with good ruder usage. The only propeller plane I can fly good is the TBM, and I’m ok at the Q400, does anyone else experience this issue?

3 Likes

Those small props are indeed not as good at heavies in terms of ground handling after landing. But all I can say is, practice, practice and practice. You’ll adapt to a point where it’s all muscle memory. I did it with the Raptor’s flipping aspect, you can do it with landing small props

I should also mention the #tutorials section and the IF YouTube channel would do you some good 👍🏻

8 Likes

Remember that Airbus are for babies, Boeings are for men, and Cessnas are for legends.

20 Likes

Yeah I agree. Honestly these planes you can’t really have good landings. It is just the nature of the plane Also take @Nate_Schneller feedback:

Cheers :)

1 Like

Wait what? That is the most dumb thing I’ve ever heard 😂

4 Likes

That would apply for IF but not for real life

And another advice coming from a irl Skyhawk pilot is that try to keep your nose up after touchdown for as long as you can. Gives you better directional controls with the rudder and aerodynamic braking is friendly for the brakes too.

1 Like

Try to fly a Cessna 172C cross country solely depended on analogous gauges and no ForeFlight nor autopilot. You’ll be lucky to be able to navigate by VORs.

2 Likes

LOL what? 😂 It would need like 4 refuelling stops and it would take like 10 hours!

Exactly! And there isn’t a button where you can push to let the plane fly itself! Pure “stick and rudder”

4 Likes

There’s no nav? I was flying the 172 and there was nav and autopilot :)

1 Like

I was referring to irl. No built in GPS units for cessnas until recent.

2 Likes

I think you might be associating different with bad. A Cessna definitely handles different from a 747, so if your not used to it of course the quality of your flying will go down till you learn it. Any normal person who tries to drive an F1 car would probably spin like mad and hardly go anywhere. That doesn’t mean the car preforms poorly, quite the opposite, it’s just different…

4 Likes

That would really be a pain 😂.Oh… Were getting off topic 😂

Practice is key. Doing pattern works helped.

1 Like

Some aircraft such as the XCub are more fun when it’s time to land. 🙃

1 Like

I’m not very good at that plane either

oh dear landing a taildragger could be a traumatic experience…

4 Likes

I would say that “No comment” on my landings with the XCub

edit: If someone asked that how was my landing with the XCub

1 Like

Yes me too I can’t take off. Whenever I try to take off he goes right to left.

1 Like