The Plea to KLM

On behalf of myself and all the other Calgary area enthusiasts, I would like to spread this around online as much as possible. KLM is quickly retiring their 747 fleet. Their 3rd 747, registered PH-BFC, is named “City Of Calgary”. We, as an aviation enthusiast group, would like to raise a cry to KLM to “send Calgary home”, back here to Calgary, before her retirement.

This video, courtesy of my good friend Alex, is the best way we can promote it. Share it everywhere you can, giving Alex the proper credit. Thank you for reading!

46 Likes

I agree, you can’t name a plane after a city that it doesn’t serve

8 Likes

#getKLMtobringcityofcalgarytocalgary

9 Likes

#getKLMtobringcityofcalgarytocalgary
Lol, I love that. 😂

3 Likes

Thank you I thought of it as I was writing, spread it!

2 Likes

Not sure how business would do in Calgary. Toronto seems to dominate

1 Like

Hmm, I could message it to KLM personally, get the message through

UPDATE: Sent it to KLM, hoping to get it up to the head of KLM

5 Likes

I’ve tweeted them a link for the video.

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for the support! Just a quick update for everyone. Our cause has been put in 2 or 3 Dutch magazines, and just today, in Calgary’s local newspaper! We’ve also received a few replies from KLM on social media, and they say that they can’t promise anything. Here’s a link to the Calgary Herald article. Keep sharing things around everyone!

7 Likes

Good job I think klm should do their 747 retirment flights from the cities that the plane is named after and fly it to Schipol Airport

1 Like

Are they going to have the aircraft in a Museum or are they going to find a 2nd life in Cargo?

1 Like

Yay that’s good to hear

1 Like

I believe that they are gonna retire it to a scrapyard. Our pipe dream is that they’ll retire it and leave it in our local flight museum which would be cool.

2 Likes

I just heard about this plane. I knew KLM doesn’t fly 744’s to Calgary (I should know, I’ve lived there). I agree but honestly, I don’t think KLM would arrange a flight because a few people want it to happen.

Btw I love Dude8472Production’s videos!

So sad the 747’s are leaving 😓

Hey if you have Instagram we should all go on KLMs latest post and put #bringcalgaryhome

1 Like

2 people have commented #bringcalgaryhome on their instagram post!

1 Like

Very looong Hashtag…

1 Like

I just saw that and posted mine!

Hey everyone. Bit of a sad update, they have let us know that they aren’t able to send it out to us. Thanks to everyone for the support, I’ll have this topic closed.

3 Likes