The Palmdale Prop Fly-In FNF 10/16

IMPORTANT FNF INFORMATION

You are all invited to The 2015 Palmdale Prop Fly-In, held at Palmdale Regional Airport in Southern California. The IFAA has created event arrival procedures which shall be followed. The Palmdale Prop weekend is known as one of the largest gatherings of props on the west coast. KPMD arrivals limited to props ONLY. Pilots can park in the grass along the runway to watch hundreds of planes make their mountainous approach over beautiful terrain!

We will be using IF procedures for the arrival phase to provide an organized and realistic experience. ALL pilots attending the event must be familiar with event procedures and NOTAMs. Full ATC will be available to implement and assist with procedures. Failure to follow instructions will lead to ghosting. It is recommended you take notes on the procedures or save on a second device.

Keep it realistic, follow the procedures, and stay tuned for the official IF event post!

Below:
-NOTAM
-Suggested Departure Route
-Palmdale Arrival

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Looks nice. I might stop by for a little while.

1 Like

Great. Palmenthal.

Was going to be nice if we could switch off engines while watching others land.

For me, start time will determine if I will join.

I just did a test flight and it’s quite fun. I descended to 3500ft MSL approaching 46CN but found myself navigating mountains. Is that the intention for the event???

This event is going to be fun :)

1 Like

@SAA_A346 that would really really fun that if we could turn off the engines :)

1 Like

When start the event ? I wil join

1 Like

The official FNF report will be posted soon

1 Like

Ultimately, a cruise descent around -500fpm is favorable to cross the lake at 3500ft :) I’ll fly it later to double check

1 Like

1 Like

Just done a test flight from L35. Love the mountain routes !!

2 Likes

I’ll come depending on the time

1 Like

Wanna start together? :) soldier

2 Likes

Might pop along depending on the time. I shall be in the SR-22.

I’ll be in my 208

1 Like

Sweeeet! Any chance to roll out the SR22 I will gladly accept. Cya then guys and gals :)

1 Like