The Non-Generic Suggested Route Database 2021

How do I apply to join the commission? 👀

2 Likes

Understandable. No problem!

1 Like

KROA - KMTV is a awesome route aswell.

GA 30min route both ways

At no point anywhere did I see a non usa route thread…

No hate on y’all for making a big unique routes thread but be more specific if you don’t want USA routes. Just because you don’t see people flying places doesn’t mean they aren’t doing it :)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 3 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

I see no difference from this thread and this one

What’s the point in having 2 route databases?

No offence to everyone here who is raising opinions however there is no need to keep slamming the curators of this thread, they have worked hard and are very passionate about their favourite regions to fly in. If you really want to raise a point I’m sure they’ll be glad to hear you in a PM!

Thanks

12 Likes

I think if anyone has concerns, it’s best for them to be kept to pm.
I’m more than happy to deal with complaints or concerns myself, as are any of the other editors.

This is great, but it focuses more on aircraft with liveries. Take a look at ours, it mostly contains the generic livery. Whether you like that or not is your own opinion, but most of us enjoy the areas in the database, and have decided to share them with the rest of the IFC. If you want to fly these routes, that’s great. If you would prefer to fly elsewhere (whether that be the US, Europe, or wherever) that is also fine. Nobody here is against that, we are just trying to promote other beautiful parts of the world.

There are many, many route databases on the IFC. If you want to go around attacking and picking faults with every single one, then be my guest. But otherwise, it’s probably best to stop attacking something that (as I’m sure you can see) we have spent a fair bit of time on. I’m not here to cause any arguments etc. Just to give you our perspective of things. We want to keep this thread open…

7 Likes

I love the work you all put into the thread! It is now easier to for me to find really interesting routes in places that I’ve never flown to before. I have bookmarked this for future reference.

7 Likes

Appreciate it man!! Only trying to do our best!

6 Likes

Anyways, I looked through the database, and I can see that there has been a lot of work put into this! Will definitely try some of these!

5 Likes

Be grateful that our editors were willing to take time out of their lives to create this database and introduce people to other countries and regions. We get that there’s a lot of people here who would like to have some US routes featured, but at the moment we are a small team and mainly focusing on our database on scheduled/charter passenger/cargo services outside of North America. If you have any concerns feel free to PM one of our editors on here or on Discord. Thank You :)

6 Likes

Really like how well structured this database is compared to other ones. It feels official and upgraded when compared to others. Also it’s a great initiative that the database is based off of regions rather than aircraft type. There are tons of scenic routes in South America I can name that are short and gorgeous.

Whenever I find a route that one can “only” use generic a/c/ livery combo, I always spice it up by either using the IF livery, a corporate/private jet livery, or just fly another aircraft in general. It brings more joy to the flights rather than just setting a realistic standard, but that’s just my opinion.

8 Likes

Allow me to suggest the S7 flights from Novosibirsk, as well as any of our routes from the -Stan countries, and the Mexican-Caribbean routes are definitely really cool!

To answer all the queries about American routes, they may be added, depending on how we (the editors of the database), feel about them. Don’t worry, all routes suggested are discussed.

7 Likes

Might I suggest an edit: “all routes are discussed intensely” 😂

2 Likes

Bookmarked! Lovely database. Gonna go fly SBBR-SBPV now!

8 Likes

I admittedly do a lot of flying in the US, but I almost never fly between two major airports because I find it boring, there’s more to America than just that, maybe people need to explore more of the United States rather than just saying that all of America is boring and that people need to fly to other countries. South America, Europe, Oceania all have great scenery, but that doesn’t mean the US doesn’t

1 Like

nice selection of routes. Plenty there to keep me busy for months to come.

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong we all often fly around America too :) It’s a nice place to fly but for most of us it gets quite boring if we fly there a few days/flights in a row! But for the odd flight or two it’s beautiful :D

6 Likes

Definitely going to try these out soon, I love flying into lesser known places

6 Likes