The new nighttime feature

I’m sure this is me just not noticing, but what is the new nighttime feature that came in 19.1?

1 Like

All the time features, as far as I know, have been here since the beginning.

2 Likes

There could be some tiny enhancements in the time features, but nothing new.

It could also be that maybe the graphics are better, and there is more details in the skies.

1 Like

I understand, but there was a photo saying a new nighttime feature was coming in 19.1

1 Like

Alright, thanks

1 Like

Not sure that there was nightime feature added in 19.1. I pulled this from Jason’s most recent Blog for 19.1.

Other Improvements & Fixes

19.1 includes a plethora of updates and changes designed to make your simulator experience better. Spawn gate & frequency changes are now shown in the ATC log for easy reference later. New violation and ghosting visual warnings will make it much easier for pilots to see what they are doing wrong so they can correct their mistake earlier. Also included to round out this update are:

• New map aircraft icons
  • New smooth free camera
  • Simplified graphics options in settings
  • Improved aircraft and livery download system
  • Map bug fixes and new map animations
  • Livery fixes, updates, and additions
  • ATC radar filter - Filter out aircraft by altitude to make management easier
  • New ATC commands

19.1 Blog

3 Likes

You can figure out what was included here:

sniped by levet smh

1 Like

This was the photo I found and was curious about btw

2 Likes

When was that screenshot taken? If it was after 19.1, then it’s obviously not IN 19.1, but in a later update.

1 Like

Keyword, in the future. 😉

2 Likes

“There’s something in development” doesn’t mean that it’ll come right away.

Many many years ago when this community didn’t even exist there was a feature category on the Infinite Flight website where users were able to vote for suggestions. FDS even had categories where they announced if something was in development/confirmed, already shipped, if something was in review or if something would definitely never come to IF.

The Concorde was shown as “Confirmed” back then. And that was in 2013 if I remember correctly. As of today it’s not even in the pipeline anymore. That’s probably why they don’t confirm anything anymore at an early stage because people could be disappointed or the devs would be forced to speed up the development because there would be pressure on them.

So just wait and see what they come up with. They need their time but in the end it will be good. 😊

2 Likes

Before 19.1

1 Like

Thank you, that helps a lot

2 Likes

Yeah. When the Replay feature was announced, Laura said that they had been working on that a year prior. If they announce something, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s coming in the very next update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.