The new “hotfix”

Hello community!
I’ve recently just tried to do a flight after the hotfix, and it’s still incredibly laggy. I couldn’t even finish a flight plan before the the app quit. I have my settings at the normal level for what I normally use, and the amount of aircraft is at its normal rate. I have an IPad Air 2, which is a high end device, and the tablet cannot eve handle it. I’m quite disappointed. I understand there is a magnitude of players on right now, and that contributes to lag, but this still should not be happening. I’m not a developer so I don’t know how it works, but I think that if you are going to sell something to the public (especially when you have a loyal fan base like IF does) it needs to be the best work. And most importantly work. Just my 2 cents, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this?

The iPad air was a high end device when it released in 2014… however not so much now. One of the most effective fixes to lag currently is to turn your aircraft count down to either low or none, that should hopefully reduce the amount of lag you are experiencing.

From the official support FAQ, this is worth a read. Unfortunately as a device gets older and the app requirements get higher, some devices are going to struggle. For being 6 years old, the Air 2 is doing quite well, but you’re going to have to reduce the quality down slightly and have reasonable expectations.

5 Likes

iPad Air 2 is no longer a high end device. A high end device now would likely be the latest generation of the iPad or the latest generation of the iPad Pro series. Try lowering your graphical settings especially the aircraft count as that has been the issue for multiple people.

The iPad Air 2 is currently a better device then the latest released regular iPad. The only thing with higher graphics is the iPad Pro. Please do your research :)

Nobody said that the regular iPad was more powerful than the Pro… he was simply stating that currently, they are much more powerful than the Air 2 you are using…

1 Like

Both of those iPads I stated will do great in IF. I wasnt saying that the latest gen iPad is better than or equal to the latest iPad Pro. However, I do not appreciate the passive aggressiveness. Have you tried reducing the graphic settings and aircraft count yet?

1 Like

Disabling anti-aliasing helps too

2 Likes

Im sorry that it was your post, its not u, its the IFC, but im done reading these… WHY DOES EVERYONE EXPECT THE APP TO BE PERFECT, ITS BEEN 6 DAYS SINCE ONE OF THEIR BIGGEST UPDATES CALM DOWN!!! ITLL BE A FEW WEEKS TILL EVERYTHING IS SORTED SO BE PATIENT… STOP GOING TO THE IFC FOR EVERYTHING AND WAIT…

6 Likes

The simple answer is people are irritated. From a business perspective this update is catastrophic. We waited 4+ months for this after countless and many (cruel) teasers, and people expect stuff to work the first time. Paying 80$ a year I expect the MOBILE game to work the first time. That’s why I’m upset, I understand you like FDS I like them too. IF is a great product, but it seems there are just some aspects of it that will never change despite people talking about it. I just waited 4+ months for an update, I don’t wanna wait and fly the FNF next month, I want to fly it now.

2 Likes

its every week, you just have to be patient. look at the good side. think about how many times they tested and failed over the period that they were reworking it… they struggled WAYYY more than us

It’s not about that.read what I wrote above again :)

yes i know, my point is yes we all pay a lot of money for high quality products, but theyre listening to these posts and using them to make their product better :) just wait a few weeks. if u want, unsubscribe until u stop seeing these bug topics :)
they wont go away :)

The point is, is that I feel like we deal with something like this every update. Not to mention the fact we get like 3 updates a year.

if u have a problem with them trying to make it better, go to Xplane or RFS dude, what if we made u redo the next plane, these guys are professionals and it takes them 6 months (no shade im making a point) at the minimum. at least u get to sleep every night. i bet u the devs dont sleep every night :)

1 Like

So you’re telling me that a device with the A8X as it’s processor is high end? Is this a joke? Run geekbench and compare it to the newer ones

2 Likes

^^^ mega facts

1 Like

He’s basically playing on a 6S with a larger screen🤦‍♂️
The 6S is no more a flagship, current day midrange phones would give you better performance

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.