The New B752 Cockpit: Explained

Welcome to the Boeing 757-200 cockpit tutorial! Sorry for the delay on this one but now it’s finally here. This update introduces a full rework of the B752 aircraft model. Specifically, this tutorial will be all about the new cockpit which is very similar to our last updated aircraft, the Boeing 777 family. You should be able to recognize the instruments quite well if you’re comfortable with the Boeing 777 family cockpit. Now let’s begin!

Overview

Letter Instrument Explained
A Primary Flight Display* This screen contains your attitude indicator, airspeed, altitude, and much more. It also shows whether you are aligned on the glideslope and the localizer for the ILS.
B Navigation Display* This screen shows a map of your flight plan with two different modes and zoom levels. Surrounding live air traffic is also now displayed on this map. See more information below on which mode means what and how to read the map.
C Engine and Crew Alert Display* This screen shows the main engine information such as N1 and Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT). Total Air Temperature (TAT) is also shown along with alerts that show the status of the aircraft.
D Standby Attitude Indicator This standby screen acts as a backup that contains the same main data as the Primary Flight Display.
E Multifunction Display Displays various types of data but is limited to the rudder, elevator, and aileron position and the Fuel Flow (FF) in Infinite Flight.
F Gear Lever This lever controls your landing gear. You can also see the status of the landing gear above the lever.
G Clock This display shows the current local simulator time.
H Flight Management Display Unit This screen shows data of the aircraft such as ground speed, GPS position, time, and track.
I Spoiler Lever This lever controls your spoilers position.
J Throttle Control These levers control the amount of thrust for your aircraft.
K Flap Lever This lever controls your flaps position.
L Radio Management Panel Displays the current active ATC frequency you are tuned to.
M Autopilot Control Panel This panel shows autopilot information such as selected airspeed, heading, vertical speed, and altitude (ASL).
N Light Control Panel This panel shows the status of the lights on the aircraft such as landing, beacon, and strobe lights.
O Flap Position Indicator This display shows the current angle of your flaps on the aircraft.
P Inertial Reference System (IRS) This display shows the current airspeed and magnetic heading of the aircraft.
Q Fuel Load Indicator This display shows the amount of fuel loaded in each tank.

How are they used?

Primary Flight Display

Navigation Display

Engine and Crew Alert Display

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I select a SID/STAR procedure?

Check out the tutorial below on how to manage certain procedures with your flight plan.

Instrument Procedures Tutorial

What are the flap, takeoff, and landing speeds for the Boeing 757-200?

This data can be found in another tutorial. Check it out below!

757 Unofficial Takeoff & Landing Profiles

Where can I find the proper procedures/checklists for operating the Boeing 757-200?

The main checklist points can be found right in the cockpit! Check out your yoke and you will find checklists for various stages in your flights.

How does the VNAV system work?

This takes some more explaining so there is a separate tutorial for this which can be seen below.

The VNAV Tutorial

What is TCAS and where can I find it in the cockpit?

TCAS stands for traffic collision avoidance system and it’s main function in Infinite Flight is to show you surrounding aircraft on your Navigation Display. The aircraft on the display are marked with a white diamond with a couple of symbols and numbers next to it. There is an arrow which shows the aircraft vertical direction, up or down. It also includes a +/- which depicts altitude difference in hundreds of feet relative from your present altitude.

For Example:

• +21 = 2,100ft above you
  • -21 = 2,100ft below you

How do I properly use the APU system?

Check out the tips below on when to start and use the APU system within your online flight.

• The Main Battery must be turned ON to start the APU.
  • To start the APU, switch to APU START. Again, it will only start if your battery is on.
  • In real life, the APU is started immediately after the Main Battery is turned ON.
  • Shut down the APU as soon as the engines start.
  • If you want to taxi with only one engine on a multiple engine aircraft after landing, start the APU first before shutting down any engines to maintain realism.

Is there a video tutorial that shows me how I can fly the B752 successfully?

Yes! Check out the official tutorial from Infinite Flight below:

Flying the B757 Tutorial

Like always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask below. You can take a look at more cockpit tutorials here: A-10, XCub, A359, A3XX, C172, B737, B777 Family

40 Likes

Very well laid out, easy to understand explanation. I appreciate it, Brandon!

2 Likes

Very nice , I love how you do theses and have the things letter coded aswell

1 Like

I was waiting for this. Thanks

1 Like

Nice job @Brandon_K!

1 Like