The New Alaska Airlines Washington Huskies Q400 at KHLN

This week I went to Helena Montana and while I was there today I found out that an improved version of the Washington Huskies livery was flying in today.

So I went to the sleepy little airport of Helena Regional Airport and got set up as the plane landed I was just in time to grab this picture as the plane was taxing off the runway.

I was very happy to see that the plane was parking right in front of me. As the engines were winding down I got this picture of the right engine.

Once the plane was completely shut down I headed into the terminal to sit by the big windows right next to the airplane which is where a large amount of my pictures were taken. Here is my first picture of the nose of the plane with the air traffic control tower in the background.
The second picture is of the left engine.

About mid-way through the turn around I took this picture of the cockpit windows.
The last picture inside the terminal is one of the plane getting ready to pushback with the boarding door closed and ready for departure.

The last three pictures are of the dash 8 taking off back to Seattle off of runway 27.

Thank you for looking at my pictures today!

47 Likes

Nice shots!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m quite pleased with them as well.

1 Like

Nice photos! I had read somewhere about the reason as to why it was updated, I don’t remember where though :(

1 Like

I assumed that it was a fleet wide livery update of all the sports themed liveries.

I would think that too, but I think it has something to do with a person associated with the Huskies, either way, I love the new look!

1 Like

So do I! I think they did a great job!

Nice shots! Loved every angle!

1 Like

Very noice 👌🏻

1 Like

Stunning pictures! 🙌

1 Like

Anyone noticed the oneworld symbol?

2 Likes

Great pictures

1 Like

Nice shots! Glad to have you back in Montana again!

1 Like

I’ve been back for about a week but sadly I am headed back this weekend.

2 Likes

Ooo Alaska getting ready maybe 👀

2 Likes

They’ve joined like an hour ago.

but yes, they’ve prepared

2 Likes

Go Dawgs! My dad went there and I think I will too :)

1 Like

I go to school on the WSU Vancouver Campus, so ew.

1 Like

Now I found out why the husky plane was not seen on flightradar24. It was sitting in a hanger somewhere getting repainted! Also amazing pictures!

1 Like

Thank you @Ronan_Green! Also Welcome to the Community we’re glad to have you here!