The New A3XX Cockpit: Explained

Welcome to part three of the cockpit tutorial series. This time around, we are taking a look at the brand new cockpit in the Airbus A3XX family. This cockpit introduces some new instruments that have not been seen before in Infinite Flight such as the Navigation Map. In the first part below, you will find the name of each instrument with a short description. You will find more information below that where it says, “How do you use them?” Now let’s take a deeper look into what each instrument means and does.

Letter Instrument Explained
A Primary Flight Display This screen contains your attitude indicator, airspeed, altitude, and much more. It also shows whether you are aligned on the glideslope and the localizer for the ILS.
B Navigation Display This screen shows a map of your flight plan with two different modes and zoom levels. See more information below on which mode means and how to read the map.
C Engine Display This screen shows the main engine information such as N1 and amount of fuel on board.
D System Display This screen shows the system status of the aircraft. You can see your ground weight, temperatures, and time.
E Standby Attitude Indicator This standby screen acts as a backup that contains the same data as the Primary Flight Display. GPS coordinates are also included.
F Clock This screen shows your current time in the simulator and your flight time.
G Multipurpose Control and Display Unit This screen shows data of the aircraft such as ground speed, GPS position, time, and track.

Primary Flight Display

Navigation Display

Engine Display

System Display

Standby Attitude Indicator

Clock

Multipurpose Control and Display Unit

Using Aircraft System Settings

Have any questions? Leave them below and the community can assist. Hope this has helped you with your knowledge on the brand new A32X cockpit in Infinite Flight. You can find part one of the cockpit tutorials here and part two here. See you next time!

253 Likes

Well explained Brandon! Seems like we have a new Mark Denton

37 Likes

Wow! Very clear and informative… Cheers for this!

9 Likes

Brilliant tutorial, as always!

7 Likes

A pro tutorial.

3 Likes

You should start uploading tutorials in YouTube too. Excellent job, thank you for the well explained tutorial Brandon!

17 Likes

Wow, I’m stunned at the formatting here. Incredible. Really useful info too.

When I first glanced at the thread I was like “Why has this been locked? It looks fantastic!” and then I realized it was pinned…

1 Like

To specify, under which conditions do I use Nav mode or Arc mode?

4 Likes

Kind of a personal preference. I personally like the Arc mode. I prefer to see what’s in front of me on my flight plan. I don’t really care to know what’s behind me. Just play with it and figure out what you like best. Same thing with the MFD range. You’ll find that you want to be at 10 or 20nm when departing/arriving at an airport. And then when you’re in cruise, you may want to zoom it out further to see the bigger picture. #Trial&Error

39 Likes

Amazing work Brandon! I love the way you format these posts. 😃

2 Likes

Bookmarked! Can’t wait to experiment when the update comes!

I need the UPDATE

3 Likes

Okay okay, patience my child. Anticipation is good! The longer we wait the better it will be!

Just like a good wine🍷 🌟😉

”like a good wine” says the teenager lol

10 Likes

What does master do?

You killed this one Brandon, great post!

2 Likes

Check where it says “Using Aircraft System Settings“ in the “How do you use them” section. That should answer it.

Also, Thanks everyone! Glad everyone likes it.

4 Likes

are you on phone? maybe you need to zoom in a bit

1 Like

Great tutorial again! Well done!

2 Likes

Perfect. I need to go thru modules 1 and 2 now. Clear and precise!