The NC-37B

Behold the Navy’s newest missel tracker the NB-37B

The US Navy has publically announced that it has taken delivery of it’s first NC-37B earlier this year. The aircraft is specialized to track missiles range during test and gather information. The Navy confirmed tat they received their NC-37B in July. The aircraft is based off the Gulfstream G550 business jet. It currently wear the colours of the “Bloodhounds” of the Air Test and Evaluation Squadron (VX-30). Which is headquartered in California. The aircraft has an Airborne Early warning (AWE) airframe, or the Conformal Airborne Early Warning (CAEW) which features an enlarged nose, new fairings on the fuselage side and a modified tail. Israeli Aerospace Industries helped modify this jet. Italy and Singapore also operate AEW Gulfstreams with the same design.

So they took a sleek modern buisness jet and made it look like something I would build SimplePlanes? I suppose it flies better than the things I build though so that got that going for them…

That looks pretty cool.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.