The Most Unsafe airline!

yep, but old, sketchily maintained cold-war era aircraft doesn’t exactly make me think safety

3 Likes

Air New Zealand one of the safest was ranked 2nd in world

3 Likes

Yes, fleet is a very inprtsnt part on the assessing process.

1 Like

Yes, Air New Zeland is very safe indeed.

2 Likes

I dont think many people have 😂

False. Airlines have lower pricing for a myriad of reasons, better (or lack of) fuel-hedging positions, higher employee productivity, economies-of-scale, among others. Ticket pricing can also be influenced by route-specific strategies airlines adopt for the specific market. I’ve paid insanely low fares (think sub-USD400 transpacific fare) on respected carriers.

But why pay more when you can get the same thing for less? Prestige pricing is great and all, but you need to do your own research on airlines to get the best value-for-money.

Not exactly, most low-cost carriers these days have modern jets and well-developed maintenance procedures. I’m not saying all LCCs are safe, but most of them are perfectly fine. I would be more concerned about lax aviation regulations in an airline’s home country than anything else. Lion Air is a great example, their government does nothing about safety concerns. They’re not passing on the additional savings to you, it’s going to the owners.

That doesn’t stop Lion Air from smashing their 737s into runways leaving a field of FOD and bending the airframe.

It’s a statistics-based method. Which doesn’t depend on opinion and makes it objective. I wouldn’t say their assessment of one LCC is representative of an industry as a whole.

I would say Lion Air is taking advantage of a dysfunctional aviation regulator in its home country more than anything else. I wouldn’t say other LCCs would need to, or want to cut corners to raise its own profits.

13 Likes

thanks for the feedback😅

Any airline blacklisted by the European Union is undoubtedly unsafe. However, I must say that some of the banned airlines are not due to the airline itself but rather the political situation of the country in which it is based/which country it is a flag carrier of. Therefore I think it’s important to point out that this list might not be entirely accurate. Nevertheless, here is a list of all airlines banned from EU Airspace:

2 Likes

I totally agree! thanks for the link 😄

1 Like

Maldives, small island, unsafe airlines…
I haven’t gone there yet, but a friend told me that it’s a beautiful and a must-see place…

1 Like

Air India Express was not bad at all! They let me into their cockpit once and the crew was also very nice!
Nevertheless, I cannot comment on how safe they are.

1 Like

Maldives is very nice yes, there are many bigger airlines flying there such as Turkish, cathay and more… Maldivian airlines flies inside the islands and to Sri Lanka since it is really near them.

Could be… again, I’ve never been there so, no comments!

1 Like

I think Southwest is one of the most safest airlines. In their 45 years of flying, they have never had 1 fatal accident.

3 Likes

I think this is an incorrect way to measure the safety of an airline… besides Qantas, almost all of the Airlines in the top 10 safest airlines (measure do by the amount of fatal accidents) have been founded after 1980. During this time, air travel became much safer so Airlines founded after this have an unfair advantage.

In my opinion, safety should also be measured by experience and/or training of the airline as well as the crew. This is much more accurate…

3 Likes

Emirates is extremely safe, pilot error is the full hull loss, good that the pair of them were dismissed immediately as soon as they went back to HQ.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with Jetstar Pacific and Cambodia Angkor Air (I have flown with them). It is surprising for AirAsia to make the list. It’s also interesting for Lion Air to be unsafe with their modern aircraft.

2 Likes

Yeah, there are many ways of assessing the safety which one can’t really see just by traveling. It is when there is an emergency and how pilots deal with it. That’s the real test.

1 Like

that is exactly what I said…
Also fleet is important as well as crew.

Very interesting to see Fly540 up there. That was my go to livery when it came to the Caravan, guess I’ll have to start flying another one.

1 Like