The most “Extreme Landing” you have done

Hey there everyone, I have returned with a lot of strength after being distanced from this forum for a while!
Now I’m looking for some EXTREME LANDINGS you have done!
Due to: Wind, Airport Length, Visibility… or other factors!
Mine was this one:

Flight from LEMD TO EHAM with a landing with low visibility and with a wind of 20 knots.
Send yours down here:

9 Likes

I have once done a CAT III landing in Belgrade (LYBE)
The fog and the winds were absolutely crazy!
BTW, that picture looks sick!

1 Like

Yesterday around 30-40 knots of crosswind on landing in a TBM north of London. I had a group flight with @Franksaviation515 he has some pictures of it too :). It was a great flight saw all of London airports.

I was probably at a 40° angle on landing. I don’t have a picture of that.

(We were at 8500ft, above of all London’s airspace in Training Server.

2 Likes

That picture is what hopefully we’ll see in Mars one day…

3 Likes

Not sure if these fully fits in here, but I’ll post it here anyway

2 Likes

I was approaching KIAD a few months back with 40+ knot crosswinds, I believe. I could barely control my A320 without going way off localizer and glideslope, and I slammed the aircraft on the runway at -750 fpm. 🤭

1 Like

Strong crosswind landing on an 8 hour flight. Not only the crosswind scared me, but also the fact that if I crash, there goes my 8 hours.

3 Likes

That’s funny ;)

I tried to land a 777F at LFPG while the crosswinds were about 36knts.

1 Like

EHAM Storms, A320 in 34 knot crosswinds, bear in mind the A320 has a limit of 33.
I actually greased that landing with a rate of -68 fp/m

2 Likes

LTBA. Never been to the airport and had crosswinds and 0 visibility

1 Like

I’ve done a crazy approach into the popular for being hard airport to land at, Paro with @Infiniteflightusa

1 Like

I was flying on expert to St. John’s in Canada (CYYT). I was flying over the Atlantic in the A318 and I had a fuel miscalculation 🤦‍♂️ I had to divert to my nearest airport which was CYYT. It was 2 degrees Celsius. The crosswind was about 35kts and the visibility was less than 1km. Here’s some screenshots.

3 Likes

Mine was last week when Kai Tak was the featured airport of the day but somehow and someway i made the approach into Kai Tak correctly without crashing and there was about 7 knots of crosswind which made it even more challenging.

Mine probably was back in September when there was a typhoon in Hong Kong. There was 50kts+ of crosswind!

Mine was yesterday, heavy storms came through Fort Lauderdale about 5pm EST sand winds were 20kts gusting 40kts went into a holding off Freeport bahamas and then landed with visbility less than a mile and winds at 10 gusting to 30

I just did some landings at RJBB several days ago with wind gust and cross wind in a TBM, but nothing to worry. I won’t call it an extreme landing though. Maybe a challenging landing.

PADU is super fun specially in the winter. Gets really crappy

1 Like

Waaau, looks crazy, but safe!

I was doing an approach at UUEE and all of a sudden there were 90+ nts crosswind! And I was only in an a320. The first try I had to go around and then the second time I managed to land but I was skidding everywhere on the runway. 😂😂😂

1 Like