The marvelous Maldives (FLIGHT 2)

Greetings from a late night or early morning however you like to say it from Dubai, UAE 🇦🇪 where I stayed the night after arriving here last night from Miami 🏝️😎 after an amazing flight with Emirates on their Boeing 777-300ER. I booked a long layover simply to enjoy what Dubai has to offer even it isn’t my final destination, I still couldn’t pass up an opportunity to explore this vast city and this is probably the best place I’ve visited but let’s see if the Maldives 🇲🇻🏝️ my next destination will surpass it 🤔 but even if it does, Dubai would still be a runner up, the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Fountain, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Mall, City Walk and the list goes on and on, I don’t think those 29 hours here were enough to explore the vast city but that does give a reason return eh? 🤪 but your journey to the Maldives 🇲🇻🏝️ must go on. I had arrived at Dubai airports terminal 3 which houses Emirates home here with HUNDREDS of departures and arrivals from many destinations across the globe, the “hub and spoke” model is very useful but airlines like EK, Qatar and Turkish ABUSE this but in a good way of course, thanks to Emirates, I can fly to many destinations from Miami 🏝️😎 just with a brief stop here in DXB. Like Male which is were we are headed to tonight or this morning I guess. Well believe it or not, EKs check in area is actually BELOW an active taxiway between the main terminal area and concourse C so there could be an Airbus A380 above me for all I know. My flight wouldn’t be leaving from concourses C or B it would be leaving out of A. Gate A01 to be exact, I’ve said it already but I’ll say it again anyways, this one is FABULOUS 😍 terminal. This will remain my favorite airport I’ve ever explored in terms of architecture, Until I visit Singapore Changi of course. 🤭

FLIGHT INFO

Origin: Dubai International 🇦🇪 (OMDB)
Destination: Velana International Airport 🇲🇻 (VRMM)
Flight Time: 3:38
Boeing 777-300ER (Emirates)
Server: Expert

Here is our aircraft for today, A6-ENP a 10 year old Boeing 777-300ER delivered to Emirates in March 2014. What ever you do, make sure you are 100% ready to be in the boarding area and don’t need to make any other stops because here at DXB, you can your boarding pass and are soon confined into a space with your other passengers, luckily there are bathrooms here and I didn’t need anything else so I was good to go but just keep this in mind. But with boarding commencing, let’s get on this bird!

Once again, greeted with the crew in their iconic uniforms and their iconic boarding music, I love it! 😍 sadly since I boarded through door 2 again I wouldn’t get to see the 1-1-1 arranged 6 “game changer” first class suites but I did get to see them later. I also missed 14 “game changer” business seats in a small area between the first class area and door 2 but I did see the remaining 28 business seats with all off business class being arranged in a 2-3-2 configuration and lastly is the economy class which has a smaller section between business and doors 3. And 2 full sections between the other doors, there are 306 economy seats all configured in a 3-4-3 setup. To my surprise, Emirates doesn’t offer any premium economy on this aircraft which I find strange even though this is a 3 and a half hour flight, this was the same cabin I flew on for 13 hours from Miami 🏝️😎 and will be flying back for 15 hours back to MIA so maybe EK should consider it? My seat will be in the first row in the smaller economy cabin up front, 17K to be exact due to it being a bulkhead seat, the IFE screens unfortunately will need to be put away for taxi, take off and landing but it’s really no issue since I don’t generally watch anything during those times and our view on landing will be much better than ANYTHING Emirates will have on their IFE that’s for sure! But soon enough boarding was completed, the safety video came on and we began our pushback for Male.

I initially had a seat on the left side of the plane because I thought we would be departing from Runway 12R so I would get to see not only the city itself but also Palm Jumeirah and “The World” which is just small islands arranged like the world and the islands are named after countries/states etc… pretty cute. But the winds decided to ruin that plane so Dubai would be on the right and also wouldn’t get to see Palm Jumeirah and “The World” but luckily thanks to an amazing Emirates customer service agent, I got moved to a right side free of charge. 😁 but anyways peace out Dubai, Male here I come!

Our routing was pretty much straight forward, just heading in a south eastern direction towards the Maldives 🇲🇻 and we would be cruising at FL370 tonight or this morning. Despite this being a relatively short flight, we only got 1 meal on this flight but back in the US 🇺🇸 all we would’ve gotten were probably just pretzels 🥨 biscoffs and a beverage or even nothing so I really appreciate this service, I got served a nice pasta 🍝 which came with a warm bread roll with butter, a side salad, chocolate cake for dessert, all of it was really good especially that chocolate cake 😋 but it was equally as good. But the crew soon disappeared but it was like 3:00AM local time so I would’ve expected them to be gone after the meal service but when they were up, they were very energetic and friendly so Emirates gets those 5 stars for service! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Leaving the coast of Oman 🇴🇲 behind along with the Arabic Peninsula, Middle East and most importantly any civilization for the next 2 hours and 50 minutes as we begin our journey across the Indian Ocean to the marvelous Maldives! 🇲🇻🏝️

This flight was way to short for any good sleep so I decided to watch some TV on the IFE, and I decided to give 21 Jump Street a watch for tonight’s or this morning’s journey but once that was over, the sub began rising over the middle of the Indian Ocean and this drone came up to us. 😳

But seen enough the first Maldivian island came into view and just looking at the water,

I’m gonna have a BLAST 💥 here no doubt about that.

But the captain came and said we would be beginning our descent into Male now and I was pretty much GLUED to the views over the islands for the next 20 minutes before landing.

But after many islands and like one turn, we are soon on final for landing on MLEs RWY 18 and I couldn’t hold my excitement to get off this tube and explore!

After a less smooth landing due crosswinds, we have successfully landed. Welcome to the Maldives! 🇲🇻🏝️ everybody and that was one GORGEOUS approach for sure and I hope everybody gets to experience it, on EK or not. Speaking of EK, this was another solid experience with them. Yeah I couldn’t really experience the best of them but it was a short flight and also I’m in economy not first but the crew still provided us with a great meal and the seats themselves were good as well so you will definitely see me on another Emirates B77W and lucky for me, all the flights in this trip are on them. Unfortunately no A380 for me 😭 but it’s fine since this is already my favorite plane and wouldn’t mind flying 4 of them for 1 trip!

Now Male’s airport does not have any jet bridges but as an aviation enthusiast, I of course preferred the stairs anyway especially to step off a massive Boeing 777-300ER and actually get to be up close and personal with it but that’s not the only thing I got see up close when deplaning, the stairs came to doors 1 so I actually got to see the first class suites and I could ONLY DREAM to stay in one of them. But soon a bus came to pick us up and drive us to the terminal where we would clear passport control 🛂 which didn’t take long at all since we were the only flight here as the Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi and the Gulf Air flight from Bahrain 🇧🇭 had already cleared the area and the FitsAir flight from Colombo, Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 was cancelled so it was just us in there. Bags also took no time to come out and I was soon off to explore this marvelous country just 45 minutes after deplaning the EK B77W but now that I got my rental car, I was off to my resort to take a little nap since I got no sleep on the plane and pretty much enjoy the week I got myself here in the Maldives 🇲🇻🏝️ before making the long journey back home I’m half you joined me on this flight from Dubai to Male on the Emirates Boeing 777-300ER and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

18 Likes

Nice photos and descriptions!

1 Like

Incredible Tripreport!

1 Like