The Life of a Controller at KLAX on PG

For everyone who has never controlled on the Playground, it’s a bit like this…

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo 7 Super - Request taxi to 07L
Ground - Taxi to 07R contact Tower when ready
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo 7 Super - Request taxi 07L
Ground - Taxi to 07R contact Tower when ready
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo 7 Super - You’re welcome
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo7 Super - You’re welcome
(Takes-off from the taxi way)

Welcome to Playground…

(P.S - Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo 7 Super is a Cessna 208.)

15 Likes

Not to mention, the user would be in a Cessna 172 and having Super (suffix)

9 Likes

Changed it. BTW - It’s a C208 in my ting.

yep does sometimes geta bit frustrating controlling on PG. I try and avoid the SoCal on PG even to fly as its so frustrating. Sometimes control at LHR but even then you have people wanting to use the wrong runway… example have 4 aircraft on way to or lined up at 27R, 3 aircraft on approach for 27L and still have a guy (often using suffix of Super in a A320) who insistes on agreeing to Taxi to 27L however then goes all the way over to 27R and line up and wait… sigh it is the PG, funny first few times!

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@B767fan… Max Sez .lGreat stuff Zach Suggest you or another PG Controller keep a log and develop a narrative of a “Day in the Life of a PG Controller”. It would be a hell of a fun read and compliment my Flight Log Series"

(Info: @David_Lockwood)

4 Likes

Controlling KLAX really isn’t worth it. I did it a few times and got no satisfaction from it. Place seems to attract idiots and subsequently scare away good pilots.
I’ll never understand why people bother paying for a live subscription just to fly a 747 between KLAX and KNUC and not bother listening to the ATC service that they’ve essentially paid for.

3 Likes