The KLM Queen’s Retirement Tribute Flight! (KLM B742/B747)

KLM had orginally planned to phase out their B747 fleet by January of 2021, with its last commercial flight being JFK - AMS on January 3rd. Unfortunately as you all may know, this was brought forward resulting them in being phased out by the end of April. I personally may have never been the biggest fan of the Queen but this Iconic Jumbo has definitely left a huge mark in the aviation industry and for the airline itself!

Route: RKSI 🇰🇷 - EHAM 🇳🇱
Server: Expert
Flight Time: 11 hours

Special Thanks to @Infinite_Qantas , @AExones and @Tsumia for joining me on this flight!

Fun Fact: Did you know if KLM had stuck to their original plans of retiring their 747 fleet by 2021, it would have marked exactly 50 years since the airline first operated it for commerical services! KLM had introduced the B747 into their fleet in 1971!

22 Likes

Heck yeah, another @Anshul28 screenshot topic

1 Like

Beautiful shots! Especially with the retro livery!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Bud!

I’ve always associated the Queen with KLM. Sad that they are being retired, at least they still have the freighters in their full colors for the foreseeable future. I’ll miss this plane.

2 Likes

Oh beautiful photos! Really enjoyed the flight although my phone temperarure didn’t 😂

1 Like

This… This… is quite tradgic, KLMs 747 were amazing

gerat shots, but sad to see them go now :(

1 Like

Sad to see the 747 go from KLM’s fleet. Great photos there, @Anshul28!

1 Like

Awesome pictures Anshul! The old white and baby blue livery is so awesome 😍

1 Like

Amazing pictures here !

1 Like

Woah that 742 livery is awesome! Nice pictures as always @Anshul28!

1 Like

Thanks Y’all

1 Like