The IFC's 2020 Year of Flying in Review

2020 IFC Real World Flight Log: The Results

When I started this (moderator approved) project about a year ago, I had no way of knowing what 2020 would turn out to be. While the sheer amount of flying that the community did was obviously much less than I had initially expected, it was still awesome to see the travels of the community. Thanks to everyone for making the best out of a bad year! First, a couple of disclaimers:

• This only represents the travels of those who chose to participate in the project.
  • All participants were made aware of the fact that the data would be compiled for an end-of-year project.

Without further ado, here are the results:

By the Numbers:

• 123 Flights Taken
  • 178,235 Miles/286,841 Kilometers Traveled
  • Nearly 400 Hours of Flying
  • 89 Airports Visited
  • 28 Countries Visited
  • 30 Airlines Flown
  • 25 Aircraft Variants Flown
  • Unique Routes Flown

Top Airports Visited:

1. Atlanta (ATL/KATL) - 11 Times
  2. Charlotte (CLT/KCLT) - 11 Times
  3. New York John F. Kennedy (JFK/KJFK) - 10 Times

Top Routes Flown:

3 Times:

• Atlanta (ATL/KATL) - New York John F. Kennedy (JFK/KJFK)
  • Daytona Beach (DAB/KDAB) - Atlanta (ATL/KATL)

2 Times:

• Atlanta (ATL/KATL) - Daytona Beach (DAB/KDAB)
  • New York John F. Kennedy (JFK/KJFK) - Atlanta (ATL/KATL)
  • New Orleans (MSY/KMSY) - Nashville (BNA/KBNA)
  • Munich (MUC/EDDM) - Basel (BSLorEAP/LFSB)

Top Airlines Flown:

1. American Airlines - 17 Times
  2. Delta - 13 Times
  3. Alaska Airlines and JetBlue - 9 Times Each

Top Aircraft Flown:

1. Airbus A320-200 (A320) - 26 Times
  2. Boeing 737-800 (738) - 18 Times
  3. Boeing 787-9 (789) - 12 Times

And Our Most Frequent Flyer of 2020 with 22 Flights is…

@NYFLFlyer22!

Want to look into the numbers more? View the myFlightRadar24 here:

https://my.flightradar24.com/2020IFCRWFlightLog

Thank you to every single person who contributed, your small contribution made a large project possible:
@Alex, @American634, @AndrewWu, @Ayush_Mathur, @BennyBoy_Alpha, @BigBert10, @Captain_Merka, @CaptainHugh, @CaptainZac, @Chris_Wing, @CrisYe, @dana_wired, @DeerCrusher, @Delta350, @DiamondGaming4, @Dylan_M, @EyesSkyward, @HiFlyer, @Lovethisgame, @anon74260613, @JarrettFlies, @jason, @Kuba_Jaroszczyk, @LegendaryRoro88, @Marc, @N1RG, @NYFLFlyer22, @Pilot_Waters, @Pingu, @Qantas094, @robert_xing, @snoman, @Suhas, @ThomasThePro, @Thunderbolt, @tominski, and @United2.
Note: Some contributors have changed their usernames and I don’t know their current ones.

Here’s to a great 2021 of flying!

37 Likes

Awesome, glad I could contribute.

1 Like

This was such a cool project! I hope you do this project again this year! ;)

1 Like

This was awesome! Hope to see it again this year!

1 Like

I hope I will allow me to be apart of this years project
I would like to participate
Amazing job on this one!!

1 Like

I was actually going to, but with the pandemic and all, it just didn’t make sense to put effort into it just to have blank spreadsheets and imaginary flights logged. Hopefully when we’re back to normal I can do something, because I’ve been wanting to do a project like this.

1 Like

Nice to see that your results reflect the whole aviation sector with the A320 being the most flown!

1 Like

@JarrettFlies and @CaptainZac: I’m definitely going to do it again this year! The new one will probably go up sometime in February (it did last year and we still got a lot of coverage in January). When I got the idea last year, it was because I really wanted to see the absurd amount of flying that we did, which didn’t really turn out that way, so hopefully this year will be a little bit more normal.

@SWA1997: Definitely, I could certainly use people to help. As I near the new project, I will probably assemble a team of a few people. More info on that coming!

@Thunderbolt: Boy I’m glad that I required people to have flown their flights, and not log ones that they were going to take in the future. Can you imagine how many I’d have had to delete?! Also not sure why your post was flagged lol.

3 Likes

Glad I could contribute! @snoman

1 Like

Wow, people really have nothing better to do…

1 Like

And I didn’t fly once…

Lol.

Great project! It would be cool to see one of these every year!

1 Like

Thanks for the awesome project man! Was a lot of fun! Managed to sneak so many flights in thanks to having to go home for some weekends from college, haha.

Looking forward to the 2021 version!

1 Like

Thanks for being such a loyal logger lol!

1 Like

Any way I could get my 7 flights in there?

1 Like

Sure, why not :) I’ll PM you

Such a good idea it was glad be here for the journey a year ago from the 15th was my first flight of the year.

NZCH-NZAA

already in 2021 I have flown that same flight on the 6th and will be flying back to NZAA on the 21st

1 Like

Ngl I completely forgot I contributed to this…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.