The Hog’s “Morning Ops”

As you can see, I’m awfully into military aircraft…

One of the most deadliest air to ground aircraft, feared by enemies in the middle east, the A-10 Thunderbolt A.K.A, the warthog, the “hog,” the tank buster, you can call it whatever you want to. It’s freaking ________. (I would say some profanity in that sentence to exaggerate but this is a family friendly community 🙂) This tank with wings on it is equipped with a GAU-8 high explosive round machine gun that shoots 60-70 rounds per SECOND. Yes PER SECOND. that mean by 5 seconds, you already have 300-350 bullets in your enemies cover / area. On top of that, the A-10 is equipped with many air to ground bombs / missiles, including the AGM-65 Maverick. (Long range air to ground bomb) Oh, did I tell you the A-10 isn’t just an air to ground aircraft? YES, you read that right! The A-10 is also equipped with 2 extra AIM - sidewinders incase enemy aircraft gets on its tail. (Most AIM missile’s are air to air) The A-10 isn’t quite as fast as any other fighters in the world, but it is quite unstoppable. It has a titanium tub surrounding the cabin area, protecting the pilot and the planes essentials. Let me stop giving you a little history session and show you some flicks I have gotten this past morning with a pig that can actually fly.

Runway taxi and Departure

Mid Rotate throwing the gear up in the sunrise

As the morning passes by…

Moments before I slam the plane 😬

Oh hi there!

Bonus!!
The night after under the moonshine 🌜

Flight was out of Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, SC. (My home town!!!) I looped around our regional airport and headed towards McEntire JNG (Home of the Swamp foxes). I circled around once or twice and headed towards CAE (Columbia Metropolitan) I turned back towards home and let the GPS do its magic. Totally buttered the landing 😬. But still we won’t speak on that because I’m still working on my landings with fighters.

I appreciate if you look at this post and read over the little history lesson I taught, and most of you aviation fanatics probably know most of that stuff, but I cannot stress enough how cool of a plane this is.

Route: KSSC - KSSC
Server: Solo
Time: 7:00 EST
Flight Time: N/A
Plane: A-10 Thunderbolt II

EDIT: I’m not sure if I met the requirements for the post date because I waited 23 hours instead of 24 because my phone kept crashing because this was in my drafts. I tried being perfect 😬

15 Likes

First two photos are amazing. And Who doesn’t like the brrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt on the A-10 lol

2 Likes

I mean, if you love the sound of pure american freedom, you should love the A-10’s brrrrrrrt. And thank you brother 🤙🏼

3 Likes

Oh boy do i got a good group for you to join.

@IFAE_GLOBAL_AIRFORCE

2 Likes

I’ll have to check it out!

2 Likes

Love the post and love the photos

2 Likes

Thank you brother 🤙🏼

2 Likes

The third image is great

3 Likes

Thank you!!

3 Likes