The History of Infinite Flight Wiki

Welcome to the History of Infinite Flight Wiki! A page dedicated to documenting and perserving the history of the evolution of our simulator! Below you will find a list compiled by our community regulars of all of the significant events in Infinite Flight’s history including updates, new staff members, feature announcements, milestones, and more. To find out happened in certain years and see how far Infinite has come, click on a time period below. Everything is organized by date, and includes links to the original post or announcement so that you can read more on the subject. If you see missing entries, be sure to post below so that a regular can add it. Enjoy!

Editing Instructions for Regulars

This post is a wiki, so it can be edited by anyone who is TL3 and up. If you see the need to edit, please follow these instructions:

• Follow the given format and do not edit parts of this post that are not part of the wiki.

• Keep the entries arranged in date order, from oldest to newest.

• Only write down important information about Infinite Flight (primarily things in #announcements or FDS’s old blog: https://flyingdevstudio.blogspot.com). Not when you started playing IF, when a certain VA was founded, etc.

• Include the link to the original post or announcement

• Do not include navigation updates (there are too many of them to be documented)

• Feel free to correct any spelling, punctuation, or information errors that other editors made.

Early Development

(2011-2013)

Pre-Global

(2014-2016)

Current Development

(2017-Present Time)

60 Likes

This brings back so much nostalgia

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s amazing to see how much has been added since I started paying in 2014. It’s like a totally different simulator now.

6 Likes

Yeah I agree I’ve been playing since 2013 and it’s amazing how much this IF has changed and developed

3 Likes

I’ve should’ve joined in 2016. Reading all these past topics just reminds us of the advancements this small team produced.

2 Likes

The c130 was released before global?? Man time flies so fast

2 Likes

Very nicely done, thanks for posting!

Wow! First version was on Windows Phone. I had two Windows Phones. Loved them! Still sad this highly underrated phone & OS has disappeared.

1 Like

Update

Added:

2 Likes

I purchased Infinite Flight not too long after this update! :D
(3 months)

2 Likes

No space shuttle?

I bought this app just after this update

2 Likes

The Space Shuttle was added on April 24, 2012. Here is the entry:

Don’t forget to add XCub to the list!

3 Likes

Will do, as soon as it is released publicly;-)

3 Likes

Thx man👌👍👍

1 Like

Boy. Putting this on a timeline made me realize how long I’ve been playing the game for.

1 Like

Update

2 Likes

This is super cool!! I love the effort you put into this. Amazing work.

1 Like

Update

Added:

4 Likes

It is so crazy to think that some stuff I rember as being new happened in 2014… 😐

1 Like