The History of Infinite Flight Wiki

Intro

Hi guys,
I had this cool idea for a wiki. This will be like a diary for Infinite Flight. Every time something big happens like an update is released, a new feature is announced, or even if FDS hires new staff, we will put it in here. That way you can easily find out when a certent update came out, or when FDS first announced work on Global, etc. If you are a regular and you want you put something down, feel free to do so. Please just follow these guidelines:

Rules

• Please follow the given format.

• Please keep the entries arranged in date order, from oldest to newest.

• Only write down important information about Infinite Flight. Not when you started playing IF, when a certain VA was founded, etc.

• Feel free to correct any spelling or punctuation errors that other editors made.

Wiki

Early Development (2011-2013)

• April 25 - First version of Infinite Flight released. Adding basic features, Cessna 172, and San Francisco bay area.

Expansion (2014-2016)

Current Development (2017-)

76 Likes

What about improving our wikipedia page? (though it needs ppl who are good writers)

61 Likes

I would definitely be willing to give this a go!

I made a lot of research…there’s more in their blog!

3 Likes

Apple store usually has a section with the updates history…can I edit if I find something interesting?

It’s nice seeing how Infinite Flight has evolved.

3 Likes

I’d suggest you browse around for good writers, it does need some ;)

4 Likes

im surprised that apparently nothing significant happened in 2015

I thought @JoshFly8 was already on the job…

You are welcome to add anything:-)

1 Like

4 april
8 august
12 dec
16 (-12 new year 4)
April release confirmed!
(I joke) dash update was in march

1 Like

I got IF sometime between th 737 update and the Cirrus rework. I remember the Cirrus rework as if it were yesterday.

2 Likes

I can take a stab at improving Wikipedia page.

I still remember when I got Infinite Flight for the first time. Just several weeks before Singapore and Kuala Lumpur region updated 😊.

I still remember when my friend gave me these 2 Screenshots. He was really happy as Singapore (His Hometown) gets added on that update

5 Likes

Awesome topic/wiki @PlaneCrazy

1 Like

On 19th March 2012 Infinite Flight was released for iOS I can’t add it as I am not a regular someone can add it for me?

Just added community section to the Wikipedia page And someone removed it

I spoke to @Henrik about this a while ago, and he said another group were already starting to work on it. I think it consisted of @JoshFly8, @Wren_Jago, and some other members. I’d be willing to help, as well. I’ll share more via PM ;)

I just added several things to the 2015 section:-)

Can’t wait to see the better and improved Infinite Flight in 2020, my high school graduation year!

3 Likes