The hardest landing you've ever felt/experienced

I thought it was a different aircraft. Whoops!

2 Likes

Virgin Australia (Darwin - Adelaide) B737-800.

Hugely rough turbulence and gusts nearly missed the runway.

2 Likes

My was a flight from ASR-CGN (EDDK) Boeing 737-800.
It was a night flight with a bit delay, the approach was good but the last meters before Touchdown I felt like that the aircraft is just falling down and had not enough speed to retard.
After the hard landing the reverse was so powerful that I got pressed in my seat and noticed how important the seat belts are : D

2 Likes

We landed in MVY - short runway - in a JetBlue E190 - I think the pilot stalled the plane onto the runway. We bounced and I would have flown out of my seat if I hadn’t been wearing a seatbelt.

3 Likes

My hardest landing was in a SunExpress Boeing 737-800 at LEJ/EDDP. Visibility was really really bad. I didn’t saw the runway as a passenger, the plane was just loud and hard shaking. Everyone thougt oh we are at the airport. 😅

3 Likes

My hardest was a qatar a350 landing just after a sandstorm into qatar. Crosswind was strong then and pilot seem to be crabbing. I remember the right main gear slammed down really hard and as the pilot aligned with the runway then left main and nose gear slammed down.

4 Likes

That’s a terrible landing… But i have ever heard that Boeing 737 classic have a bad body/fuselage.

2 Likes

I landed on a 737-700 on SWA at BWI in AWEFUL weather

2 Likes

Batik Air CGK-SIN (Jakarta-Singapore) Airbus A320(WL)

1 Like

I have flown on Ryanair many times and the landings have actually been half decent if not very good!

My hardest one was FireFly ATR72 into Bangkok. Flying through a thick low cloud layer on final and swaying all over the place near touchdown. Was actually pretty scary. After landing the pilot had the window open and shouted out to me and my dad it was the worst landing he has ever done. Fun times

6 Likes

Sorry If I brought this a bit Off-Topic
Adam Air is known for it’s bad safety record. I mean they were operating planes with with average age about 20+ Years Old and also with some unprofessional pilots (It could be known that most of the Incidents are caused by Pilot error ) like what @Amilga_Fariz_S said. The crash photo that you showed above was the last incident before Adam Air Ceased Operations

2 Likes

Plus, maybe because of the fast speed when touching down? (Majority of Indonesia’s Pilot Error case)

3 Likes

Worst landing I’ve ever had was on an RAF flight from Brize
(EGVN) to Akrotiri (LCRA) in 2011. We was in an old RAF DC-10 and after a very heavy
landing we suffered a “catastrophic electrical failure” and after everything
cut off we skidded down the runway almost sideways. Good old RAF

4 Likes

Hot air balloon.

The landing was hard. The pilot was committed to landing in the chosen field and couldn’t really go around as we were getting a bit too close to the sea and only had a handful of fields left before reaching the beach.

The basket got dragged around a bit at low speed, and rolled on it’s side before settling.

It wasn’t scary at all - just a bit bumpy. If any of you get the chance to go up in a balloon I whole heartedly recommend it.

3 Likes

Ryanair.
London Luton - Salzburg, Winter 2014 / 2015

Quite sure that it wasn’t the pilot’s fault though, we had horribly bad weather, snowstorm and strong winds, typical for that region in that part of the year.

Well, we literally slammed on the runway after we glided over the runway for a while and you could feel the pilot just wanted to get that plane on the ground.
I was happy that we’re down though cough valencia cough.

5 Likes

UAL Landing in 757(my first and only 757 ride) in Sacramento. It was hard enough to get my 12-year old self to fear landings for the next year, lol. Didn’t get over it for a while.

2 Likes

This is so true!
The hardest landing I’ve been on was a hot air ballon.
But the ride was really fun and nice and completely recommended.

4 Likes

I think my hardest landing was at MIA which took our 738 out of service following the landing for an inspection due to exceeding the normal limits.

1 Like

JetBlue has E190’s, not E175’s.

1 Like

Probably my first flight- BMI Baby 737-300 EMA-JER. The landing was just, well hard.

Notable: Thomson 737 into INN. The landing wasn’t too bad, but I think the touchdown was late so they used lots of reverse thrust and braking. We only stopped a little before the last exit.

3 Likes