The Great New England Airshow @ KCEF

Hello, everyone! Today I was provided with an amazing opportunity to spend the day at Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee, MA for the Great New England Airshow. More information about it can be found here:

https://greatnewenglandairshow.com

From where my family and I were positioned, we had a great view of both the performers and the static aircraft. Here are some of the pictures I captured:

DSC_7614

DSC_7669

DSC_7806

As always, any and all feedback is appreciated! Please let me know by replying below. Additionally, I took over 1000 photos, so if you’d like to see more, please don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Camera: Nikon D600
Lens: Nikon 70-300mm

More pictures from Westover:

12 Likes

Great pictures @Bobby. Love the Thunderbirds. How was the show?

1 Like

@Bobby great job! you’re lucky!

1 Like

Thank you! The show was great! The weather was perfect (80 degrees, thin cloud cover), so my skin didn’t get singed from being outside for 7 hours. Going into the static aircraft was amazing and surely an amazing experience!

1 Like

Loving that Top Gun-esque shot! Nice pictures. Hope you enjoyed it. :)

1 Like

Dang I can’t even do those formations in Infinite Flight… wonder how much training was put into that!

2 Likes

Great shots! I know one of @DeerCrusher’s favorite C-17 pilots was there.

1 Like

Was “theglobemaster” there?

1 Like

Nope, it was “aircrewlife”. I forgot about “theglobemaster” being you favorite.

1 Like

Both of them are my favorite. I just recognize AirCrewLife with the 767. But you’re absolutely right, he pilots the C17 as well. Much respect for our service members. 🇺🇸

3 Likes

@DeerCrusher Have you ever rode in the C-5 Galaxy. It’s even amazing that they can even fly. @Bobby great photos of the air show.

1 Like

I have not. Got to tour a few but never got to fly in one. Love the engine sounds on takeoff though. 👌🏼

2 Likes

Great pictures! I was visiting my great aunt in Springfield around this time last year and we could clearly see/hear the planes, and some of them flew right over her retirement home.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.