The Glory of Malaysia | WBKU-WMKK | A320-200

Today I decided it was time to get out of the states for a bit. After searching on FlightRadar24 for a few minutes, I found the perfect flight. Enjoy the beautiful views of the islands, and the water surrounding them.

Flight info:
Route: Tawau (WBKU) - Kuala Lumpar Int. (WMKK)
Aircraft: A320-200
Callsign: Red Cap 1605
Flight Time: 2:36
Cruising Altitude: 35,000ft
Cruising Speed: .79 Mach

1. As the pilots prepare for departure, the 15 year-old A320-200 begins to stir, after her short slumber.

2. The plane begins to taxi, but only for a short time. It enters the runway, but takeoff is still a few minutes away. The Airbus backtracks, before turning and lining up on runway 24.

3. Off the ground at last. With a powerful surge, the machine lifts off from the ground, and begins the climb. Majestic mountains loom in the background, watching the whole process from their high perch.

4. The A320 begins its first turn in the journey, as many buildings sit not too far below.

5. After climbing for quite some time, the seatbelt sign was turned off, as the plane had reached its cruising altitude of 35,000 feet.

6. A few hours later, the seatbelt light turned on once more, as now, the A320 was beginning its decent.

7. The ground becomes more clear as the aircraft is brought closer to the surface.

8. The plane is lined up, and everyone is seated and prepared for landing.

9. Touchdown. The A320 makes a routine landing at Kuala Lumpar Int. The spoilers are extended and it begins to slow down.

10. Back on the ground at last. Everything begins to turn off again as the passengers and their cargo begin to be loaded off. The flight has ended, but the cycle will continue, as it always does.

Thank you for your attention, I understand if you didn’t read the whole thing, haha. Reply with suggestions if you have any!

8 Likes

I’m sorry but at which point is Singapore featured? cus that’s Malaysia

1 Like

I didn’t even realize Air Asia had an A320 livery! I guess I’ll have to try it myself sometime. Nice pictures!

1 Like

I just realized- thanks for correcting me. Sadly I can’t change the title though.

There should be a little pencil next to the title… it’s not there?

1 Like

This is what the community is for, thanks!

1 Like

Anytime. 😎

Malaysia I believe, not Indonesia

And this- exactly, is why I shouldn’t stay up this late.

1 Like
  1. Tawau is WBKW
  2. WMKK is Kuala Lumpur, not Kuala Lumpar.

Nice flight btw. from my hometown airport to my current home airport.

Pretty sure you parked at the wrong end of the airport at WMKK but hey, we have bigger issues at the moment.

1 Like

doesn’t air asia ONLY operate the A320?

1 Like

Oh… I guess you’re right. I never cared enough to look, I’ve only ever realized the A330 livery, but yeah, IRL they have 100 A330 on order and their entire fleet is A320s.

1 Like

Nice work!

1 Like

They also have 350+ A321neos on order, with 2 A321neo already in their fleet.

Rumours have it that they might also consider looking into the A359/A35K as well, expanding their medium-long haul destinations. Though I find that that would be unlikely to happen given current circumstances.

1 Like