The giant is back in the sky! Long live the legend!

LH418
Frankfurt (EDDF) 🇩🇪 to Washington D.C. (KIAD) 🇺🇸
Lufthansa A340-600
8:45hrs

It has been a long time since I have been so excited to see a plane fly! Before 2020 I never realized the scale of this aircraft and how imposante it looks around other planes. Today Lufthansa’s first A340-600 (D-AIHT) was reintroduced into service on FRA-IAD and I recreated the flight with around an hour delay. The aircraft will be used this summer to give Lufthansa’s Munich hub premium capacity that it lost during the pandemic. However, the A346 is expected to be phased out after the following summer season, so get onboard!

Here are some pictures I took at IAD after arriving!

Long live the giant!

43 Likes

Love the A340! Awesome pictures!

4 Likes

Disgusting aircraft, I hate it! Amazing pictures!!!

1 Like

Amazing shots! Good to see you made it down safely. I love the A340-600 and can’t wait to fly over to Germany and potentially take a trip on one of these later this year! 🤩

1 Like

What don’t you like about it? Or did you mean in IF?

1 Like

Well mainly in IF but it’s slow, underpowered, to much like a ✏️. Besides the point, it’s still a cool aircraft :D

5 Likes

Thanks mate!

Thanks a lot @DarkspoulYT

1 Like

Same! I was very unlucky though… This year I will fly a long haul for the first time and I am going to JFK. When I booked I chose a stopover in FRA to fly with the B747, but I looked now, and if I would have flown direct, I would have flown on the A346… I am so sad now because this aircraft means so much more to me!

4 Likes

That was so uncalled for

But

Neat pictures @MxP

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed them!

2 Likes

Beautiful pictures and I’m glad to hear it’s back for some time

Do you know when the A346 comes back to JFK? I know right now it’s the A359 from MUC. Enjoy the flight when it comes, and hope you enjoy New York!

And of course, great pics!

So far I have found out, that the A340-600 will fly to JFK, BOS and LAX from Munich. I am not sure if it will come from FRA as well and if there will be more destinations from MUC. However, the first A346 flight to JFK I found from MUC is on the 18th of April. From there on each of the 5 weekly flights during April will be with the A346. From May the flights will get daily and all will be operated by the A346, so you should have plenty of opportunities to spot it!

1 Like

The pictures are wonderful, the aircraft looks very good just my opinion and Lufthansa livery 🤩

i saw you post on the flightradar24 findings about this plane and flight

Nice shot! I especially love the second one with the tower behind the tail!

1 Like

Thanks! And yeah, I will try everything I can to spot it

1 Like

Literally everybody missed for the joke except for me.

Nice Photos Mxp! Maybe a soft rework would make it healthy again.

1 Like

Excellent shots! The A340 is underrated Darkspoul I’m looking at you and underused!

1 Like