The General Aviation Paradise Thread

Hello all and welcome to The General Aviation Paradise Thread! In this lovely thread, I invited you all to share experiences you’ve had with the world of GA! This includes pictures, stories, and the journey to becoming a pilot! Hope you all have a fabulous time enjoying the wonders of the GA world in this thread!

A little about me

As of writing this (11/30/2023), I am a private pilot with an instrument rating and I have recently passed my commercial written exam 🥳. My goal is to become a pilot for the regional airlines before moving up to either a bigger airline, freight, or private. I currently have nearly 200 hours of flight experience in the Diamond Star DA40 and need 1,000 hours to be qualified to work for the airlines (based on part 141). I’ve done all my flight training out of Utah State University and set to graduate in spring of 2025!

8 Likes

I’ll start this thread off with a photo of an Aero Bristell B23 I took recently

6 Likes

definitely something I might come back to once I get a PPL

2 Likes

To follow @callaa , here are a few pics of GA thingies :)
I really like this topic!

Pics from the DR400

The cockpit of a DR400 in flig- yeah obviously

Low flying around Caen

Lognes airport (LFPL), Paris in the background, and a PA28 doing pattern work!

Now for some PA28 pictures… (because those are cool too :)

Pics from the PA28

Passing over some wind turbines during an XC

Some very colorful lakes

And an old military base…

And last but not least, one of my favorite rare GA planes! A Robin DR500! Only 27 of these bad boys were made, but they are absolutely wonderful! The goal was to create an airplane that bridged the gap between 180hp tourism aircraft and 250+hp RG planes. Robin made this, with 200 HP and a 800NM range, but it never took off :P

This is the S/N 22, one of the last made, in 2000.

6 Likes

I’ve taken two discovery flights, one in Sarasota Florida, one here in NYC, Farmingdale. They both were on Cessna 172s, but, the first one was a g1000 cockpit, and this one was regular analog. Here you can see me in the front seat of the aircraft.

4 Likes

Some GA action at Katama Airport, in Martha’s Vineyard. Great airport with a cafe.

4 Likes

Here is a picture I took yesterday of some of the DA40s USU has

4 Likes

Only GA photo I got :/
Took it at my local airport

4 Likes

Got to hang out with a DA62 this morning along with some DA40s

3 Likes

Did a night flight over LAX in a 172 last month

8 Likes

Got some pictures of some GAs and private jets over the last month

2 Likes

Horrible quality
Took this some time ago

2 Likes

All pictures welcome. Trying to get more people to share their lives as a pilot or enthusiast

2 Likes

On December 13th I got my PPL. The next day I flew into KSLC for the first time.

5 Likes

Noice! I’m yet to land there but I have flown directly over the airport. I’ve also flown passed Hill AFB

4 Likes

Great pics. I work here

2 Likes

Cool! Got any pictures of international traffic?

I dont have the KLM stuff but I have a few pics of widebodies. ( sorry this is getting off topic)

3 Likes

Cirrus’s factory is up in Duluth. My neighbor put me in touch with one of their VisionJet engineers, pretty interesting guy. He says he may be able to get me a tour of the facility, which would be very fun.

Cirrus makes some of my favorite GA aircraft.

1 Like

N17409, Cirrus Aviation, Sarasota Florida
G1000 cockpit modifications 😎

3 Likes