I was flying from KSEA to KLAX. I was on final at KLAX and the game crashed on Multiplayer
Okay, we could use a little more information. App crashes aren’t at all uncommon.
What device are you using?
Do you experience any significant lag or stutter when flying online?
Is this the first time you’ve had this happen to you?
It may just be a one off occasion. Apps crash all the time, and Infinite Flight is quite resource heavy 😉
What device are you using? iPad Air
Do you experience any significant lag or stutter when flying online?Stutterd near KLAX
Is this the first time you’ve had this happen to you?Fourth time this happened
You might want to read this. This is a general advice you may want to check when an application crashes. Found on: Support FAQ 2019 - Please read this before posting!
Please tell us which one of the steps below worked.
General tips regardless of device:
- Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
- Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
- Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
- It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
- Disable active ad or message blocking apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
- Lower the Rendering Resolution setting.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing.
- Lower the Rendering Quality setting.
- Lower the Texture Quality setting.
At any point if you’re experiencing decreased performance, “Limit frame rate” should always be ticked. This setting can have a great negative impact on performance unless your device is considered high performance.
General iOS tips:
- One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
- Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
General Android tips:
- Make sure you have Android Battery Saver disabled. Having this enabled can cause a lot of degradation in terms of both storage, performance and network.
- Newer Android devices may work fine with Anti-Aliasing on. Turning this off can help performance for older/less powerful Android models.
- Some devices (ie Samsung) may have a Game Tuner app to enhance the performance of games. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.
If none of the suggestions above helps:
As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.
I’ve had two very similar Incidents. App freezes and crashes while on descent. Ever since the xcub update…
True, I mostly expect crashes on busy airspace’s like KSFO or KLAX.
Although there is issues with App Crashing since 19.2, there is a chance that this won’t relate to the newer version.
Yea… just yesterday I was on final at WSSS and the game crashed… Same thing happened just now, was about 50 minutes into the flight, game froze then crashed… I’m using the 2018 iPad and was connected to wifi the whole time… This only happened after the update though…
However both of mine were in empty airspace’s. KBHM and a somehow empty KMCO.
My opinion reinstall game to fix the game crash
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.