The future of IF: On what should the game focus the most?

As much as I would love 3D buildings and weather, the thing that is top of my list is truck tilt. Aircraft like the A330, 747, 777, etc would look much better if this was implemented

4 Likes

I bet Android users can soon. But lets refrain from speculating guys.

5 Likes

This thread is about speculating! ;) “Future of IF”

8 Likes

By that I mean trying to give exact dates. I’m guilty of it too…but whatever you say :)

2 Likes

“Generic” scenery would be blah. Many major cities have iconic landmarks that would be missed if it were cookie cutter based. Flying into Paris, Dubai, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto etc. wouldn’t have significance if their distinctive architectures were over looked.

11 Likes

Sure would be, but isn’t our scenery right now generic? Cause it looks really great! :)

2 Likes

What a great topic! I agree to build on what is there. I would love to see reworks for the F-18, Spitfire and Citabria… really any reworks needed for the existing IF fleet. I love flying all the aircraft, but would love to see updated cockpits views for these. Global has been a down right amazing accomplishment. FDS has produced the best mobile flight sim, created by revolutonary developers and backed by a great community. Definitely any of the technical updates Laura wants would be outstanding.

Can’t wait to fly again with everyone and thanks to the awesome atc operators : )

3 Likes

The scenery in Global is accurate satellite imagery. In the old version (which you may be referring to?) the scenery was generic and consisted of land, city and mountainous tiles.

2 Likes

I meant that but I was also complimenting the current scenery ;)

2 Likes

… and of Laura’s technical list, clouds and weather effects would be top of my new features wishlist.

4 Likes

I feel realism is key, like you said. For example some things that really need work are night flying (Taxiway lights, Landing lights that reflect on the ground, city lights etc.)

The next big thing for Infinite Flight should be an interactive cockpit or 3d buildings. I actually think clouds will be the next big thing. Really mammoth tasks but i think the devs can achieve it…

2 Likes

Well IMHO the best thing that can happen in infinite flight is lighting it up!taxi landing citylights all kinds of lights! And 2 weather!rain storms among others

4 Likes

The only thing that I would like if possible is Taxi and runway lights and some weather effects like cloud layers, I do see clouds when I am around NYC but layering would be very interesting. Those clouds are very low to the ground that I see at FL28. That is about it as of now knowing what the servers can handle. I am not going to think about 3D stuff now.

3 Likes

I would like wingflex on all airliners as well as new lights and clouds.

4 Likes

Inexpensive subscription 🙁

10 Likes

I’d love to see a “Custom Airline” feature. Basically, a VA invites you on Infinite Flight to their airline, and you get a aircraft of their choosing, with their custom livery.

Of course this might never happen, and if it did, there would probably be many requirements to make a Virtaul Airline livery. And would require a better phone, from the 7s I use.

Just an idea, might ruin the whole “VA” system though, haha.

3 Likes

10-15 years? Nah, that’s too long.
No more than 5 years, at least. I mean, we have phones with 8 GB of RAM and mobile chips that beat some high-end laptops right now! Technology advances quickly.
And, because it advances quickly, we could be seeing a lot of improvement in the next few years.

5 Likes

Personally, these are the things on my list, in order:

1. Working, Interactive, fully 3D Cockpits
  2. Weather Effects
  3. New light engine/system (this includes taxiway lights and landing lights reflecting off of the taxiway, and general things relating to artificial lights)
  4. Rework on all planes (Yes, this would take a very long time, and would be one-by-one)
  5. 3D Buildings I mean Dumplings ;)
    I tried to put the thing that I think would help realism the most at the top, which is working cockpits. Yes, this could generate ALOT of lag, but 2018 high-end devices should be able to handle it, and, in a couple of years, almost all devices. It would just make the experience so much more immersive and interesting. Of course, we could still keep the HUD until you learn how to read the instruments, but it would be optional to make your screen almost comepletely empty (the status bar and controls would probably still be there)
3 Likes

They should really work on the Boeing 747 Dreamlifter or the “Hot Air Balloon of Infinite Flight!” :D

1 Like

What is up with you and the obsession of the dreamlifter 😂