The future of IF: On what should the game focus the most?

I feel that Laura should take a break after the CRJ reworn, then she and Phillipe get the communities opinion on what stuff should come next, like people want to see a A330 reworn and the A350 added

6 Likes

I think the game developers should focus on aircraft development, like reworks and such. But Global is a pretty big update, so once all the bugs are squished, they should take a well deserved break!

6 Likes

I agree. Being able to see the runaways and taxi ways at night would be great. I also wish the terrain on the radar was still there to see obstacles such as mountains.

6 Likes

I think in 10-15 years Laura might be developing 3D buildings and city lights if she can find a way that our devices will be able to handle it. What do you guys think?

7 Likes

As much as I wan’t the A350, I am like why does legit no one mention snow, rain, clouds! It would make the game so much more realistic. 3D Buildings will probably take about 2 years.

9 Likes

Here ya go. Please vote on it:

That would be very cool though! :)

2 Likes

3D buildings for the whole world would take a VERY long time. I wouldn’t expect them in 2 years, probably a lot more considering i don’t believe it is their focus at all.

2 Likes

I think we really do need 3D buildings, I suggest that not all the world has buildings , but maybe users can buy like the scenery of a certain city or an airport, almost like we paid for regions before. Anyone agree?

5 Likes

At least 5 years if they’d worked on it like global

2 Likes

Yeah, or maybe community made mods, like so you can go to a website and buy another plane like an A350 without the devs having to do anything, like maybe they can buy planes off of people and then sell them in game? Who knows, it would be cool Laura and Philippe!

3 Likes

It would, maybe they could release one city at a time if this was within the realm of possibility

2 Likes

Laura posted this on her twitter.

She details the technical aspects of IF and what she wants to see in the future of IF, which pretty much answers the OP’s question.

For the sake of saving your time,

• taxiway lights
  • tire smoke
  • clouds and weather effects like rain,
  • 3D Buildings

in no particular order, are what they want to be the next big thing for IF.

22 Likes

Probably like 10 years when the “Iphone XX” comes out… ;)

6 Likes

3D buildings can start in a couple of cities first no need to do the whole world at once. Also it doesn’t have to be realistic they can just make it generic copy paste scenery. And if it’s streamed its possible even with today’s devices I think. @Delta_Alpha_Lima With iPhone XX you could probably play IF in virtual reality by then!

4 Likes

As much as I would love 3D buildings and weather, the thing that is top of my list is truck tilt. Aircraft like the A330, 747, 777, etc would look much better if this was implemented

4 Likes

I bet Android users can soon. But lets refrain from speculating guys.

5 Likes

This thread is about speculating! ;) “Future of IF”

8 Likes

By that I mean trying to give exact dates. I’m guilty of it too…but whatever you say :)

2 Likes

“Generic” scenery would be blah. Many major cities have iconic landmarks that would be missed if it were cookie cutter based. Flying into Paris, Dubai, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto etc. wouldn’t have significance if their distinctive architectures were over looked.

11 Likes

Sure would be, but isn’t our scenery right now generic? Cause it looks really great! :)

2 Likes