The Forgotten Aircraft of 19.4 Leaving the Crystal Blue Shores of the Bahamas

Everyone has been posting about the A350 (Including me) and I’ve seen a good amount of posts with the updated Cessna, but I haven’t seen any posts about the TBM which was given a live cockpit in the update. I love flying the TBM so today I flew MYAB-KPNS, or Andros Island in the Bahamas to Pensacola in Florida. I know this seems like a very random route, and it is, I’ve never been to Pensacola and I’ve never been anywhere near the Bahamas. My flight time was 3 hours and 41 minutes which involved a very weird routing to follow the coast which you can see in the Flight Details Catagory below

Flight Details

MYAB-KPNS
TBM-9:30
855 NM
3 Hours 41 Minutes

Slowly ascending out of Andros Island in the Southern Bahamas The White sands as we fly north toward Grand Bahama Island Following the coast past Miami Beach flying South We flew along the Florida Keys before turning North up the Gulf Coast of Florida The lowlands on the southern tip of Florida Doing some circles around Fort Myers Flying just West of the Tampa - St. Petersburg area
The surprising site of the moon as we start descending into Pensacola Battling the 25 knot winds of Pensacola Landing while bouncing around on a school bus plus the 25 knot crosswind is not easy and it was not a very pretty landing

Please leave comments and let me know your favorite photo!

42 Likes

Yes, I’m flying that tomorrow at Reno!!! Can’t wait

2 Likes

I do also kinda consider the TBM as the “forgotten aircraft”, with all the hype about the A350 and C172. I really like the TBM, and I’m glad it has the new cockpit. Nice photos by the way!

6 Likes

The water looks awesome! 🤩nice pics

1 Like

Been there! I recommend it, the ocean was magnificent and nice and warm!
Quality pictures too! I love how you named out each island you passed!

1 Like

It’ll be a lot of fun with all of the mountains around!

Tampa Bay is my favourite out of these great shots! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I love the TBM and I think it’s really under appreciated, it has really good speed for a prop

2 Likes

I can kind of relate. Last year I had to take a school bus that leaked water on me when it rained or snowed. This year though I get to take my public bus service that runs a coach bus from where I live to the town I have to go to for school. Landing while in any moving vehicle sucks though.

1 Like

Thanks! The water around Florida is some of my favorite in the world

1 Like

I’ve never been to Miami Beach but I’ve been to Fort Myers on the other side on the Gulf Coast, I really wish I could go down there instead of being stuck here in Pennsylvania where we’re getting freezing rain all day long 😂

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

The photos are absolutely beautiful! What software or app do you use to edit your photos?

1 Like

Being a widebody fan I still like flying the TBM. I was really looking forward to it receiving working instruments, it’s a powerful and fun GA aircraft to fly around.

1 Like

Wow!
I love the angles you got there.
Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Tampa is always fun to fly around!

1 Like

yeah, I can never land the TBM smoothly and the bus definitely didn’t help 😂

2 Likes

I use Snapseed which is a free app on IOS and sometimes to add weather I use pixlr.com which you can use on a laptop or phone

1 Like

It’s my favorite GA aircraft because of its speed and it’s fun as a change from normal airliners

Thanks! Free cam always helps with the angles