Welcome to the Fokker 50 Features Request Topic!
Originally from the Fokker 50’s Wikipedia page and changed by me to make it more clearer
The Fokker 50 is a turboprop airliner designed as an improved version of the successful Fokker F27 Friendship. The Fokker 50 is manufactured and supported by Dutch aircraft manufacturer Fokker.
The Fokker 50 was developed during the early 1980s following a decline in the sales of the company’s earlier F27 Friendship. It was decided that the new airliner would be a derivative of its predecessor, sharing much of its airframe and design features, while incorporating new advances and several improvements, such as the adoption of Pratt & Whitney Canada PW127B turboprop engines, in order to produce a successor that had a 30 per cent reduction in fuel consumption over the F27.
As we know Fokker aircraft are slowly being replaced with Embraer aircraft, this is good and bad. Good because we get more modern planes as Fokker sadly went bankrupt in 1996. But bad as many good aircraft are being taken out of service. If this aircraft does get removed completely it would be a lovely tribute to the company. Plus we need more prop aircraft. Sometimes the Dash-8 will not do the job. That is why I believe we should have the Fokker 50 in Infinite Flight.
From the Fokker 50’s Wikipedia page
- 2 flight crew
- 46 seats
- 25.25 m (82 ft 10 in) in length
- 29 m (95 ft 2 in) in wingspan
- 8.32 m (27 ft 4 in) in height
- 13,400 kg (29,542 lb) empty (No fuel, crew, passengers etc)
- 20,820 kg (45,900 lb) is the MTW
- 19,500 kg (42,990 Ib) is the MLW
- 305 knts is the maximum speed
- 270 knts is the standard cruse speed
- 900 nautical miles is the maximum range (not much, city hopper)
- 25,000 ft is the maximum altitude
There are currently only six airlines that fly the Fokker 50, the way thinks are looking. This aircraft could be removed from service soon 😔