The 'Flying Honu' Returns

ANA's Return To Honolulu

By Balazs Kocsis

All Nippon Airways has updated its financial year 2023 schedule in response to the improvement in air travel. The airline has altered several of its international services in response to the high demand, and these adjustments will continue to be seen in the months that follow March, including the return of the Airbus A380 to Honolulu after a three-year absence.

Photo by EA Photography | Shutterstock

The Updated Schedule

For the financial year that ends in March 2023, All Nippon Airways (ANA) has announced an amendment to its flight schedule. The number of flights between Haneda and Seoul (Gimpo) will be increased to three daily round trips starting in the middle of March, while the number of flights between Haneda and New York will be increased to ten weekly round trips beginning at the end of March.

Photograph by Nicolas Economou/Nurphoto | Getty Images

A summary of the flight schedule from February 1 to March 25 was published by the airline, along with a comparison to the operation results for the same time period in FY2019. A summary of the flight schedule from February 1 to March 25 was published by the airline, along with a comparison to the operation results for the same time period in FY2019.

Schedule FY2019 Operation Results (no. of routes) Actual Plan (no. of routes) Operation Rate
February 1-28 4,643 flight (64 routes) 2,498 flights (47 routes) 54%
March 1-25 4.184 flights (64 routes) 2,285 flights (48 routes) 55%

Additionally, the airline will resume service on the Narita-Honolulu NH182/181 flights on July 21 in addition to operating daily flights on the Airbus A380 to Honolulu beginning in April for the first time since March 2020. During the summer break, ANA will run a total of 3 daily round trips from/to Tokyo to Honolulu.

Are you going to be flying to Honolulu with ANA this year?
Let me know below!

Links:

ANA to Resume Airbus A380 "FLYING HONU" Operations on the Tokyo Narita - Honolulu Route | Press Release | ANA Group Corp.'s Information
https://simpleflying.com/ana-updates-fy2023-flight-schedule/

18 Likes

Nope, but now I wish I was!

2 Likes

Maybe ANA will fly to Utah soon🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Nope, not ANA but maybe in Dec for HNL but more likely next year

I’m to poor💀

Done that flight two times on the Honu. The king has been back flying since April/June 2022…don’t know why everyone says now its back

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.