The First Lufthansa A340-600 in New Livery

Introduction

The first A340-600 for Lufthansa was repainted in the new livery today. It flew from the paint shop in Manchester to EDDM, arriving just after sunset. The registration on this aircraft is D-AIHI. It is 14.5 years old.

D-AIHI

Thoughts

What do you think of the new livery on the A340? Does it look good? I personally like it, and can’t wait to see it on the rest of Lufthansa’s fleet!

40 Likes

Wow that looks beautiful

2 Likes

What a beaut! I saw a A340 at CYUL, and man are they cool!

2 Likes

I mean I suppose Lufthansa is still using them, but aren’t they looking at phasing those out? Kinda a weird time to paint them…

3 Likes

Wow one of their oldies lookin sharp!
Really hope they reapaint the A333s
We at KCLT get the LHA333
And I’d love to see the new livery touch down at CLT
love spotting there

Sadly I think they stopped sending A340s into Charlotte

1 Like

That livery looks just as bland as Iberia’s A340-600 :/

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for the A380 to be repainted…

7 Likes

I think the 747-8i wears it better…

3 Likes

I like it! It’s like a retro looking paint!

4 Likes

Mark,

I’ve gotta disagree with ya there. Nothing retro about that scheme unless you’re 15 years old. It’s another bland scheme with absolutely no imagination.

1 Like

I agree with him, there is something to the simplicity that I think has been lost of a lot of modern liveries…

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful bird! Spectacular!

2 Likes

Personally my favorite passenger airliner. And I always fly Luf. in IF. Everybody has there favs. Looking good with the new paint scheme!

1 Like

OMG that looks so good. It suits the A343 really well.

All I need is to see an A380 in the new livery and I will be in heaven

1 Like

I didn’t really think the A340 would get the new livery. Not before all the newer aircraft get it forst at least

Oh wow, it looks like a brand new freshly made plane from the factory 😍

I’ve seen the A320 + (Neo), A321, A350-900, B747-400, 747-8, pretty much every plane they have the New Livery painted on and this A340-600 is next on my list to spot ;)

It would be complete if the A330-300, A340-300 and A380 also get this New Livery 🤤

3 Likes

Lufthansa flies into my home airport daily with their 747s. Almost all of the time - it’s the one with the new livery. I love the new look! It really fits the A340 well!

3 Likes

Even though it is kinda bland, it really makes my focus on the tail, and man is it beautiful!!

1 Like

It will probably be the last one retired. All the A340s for Lufthansa will begin to be retired as DLH acquires more A359s in the coming years.

Didn’t Lufthansa order the 77X? This livery on the 77X, Wooooow, that would look cool.

It already looks brilliant on all of their current aircraft, including this beauty, A346 😍

4 Likes