The first 777 heads to the desert

At least she is not headed for the scrap yard…many of her sisters won’t share the same fortunate fate.

Yeah that’s why I hope it gets adopted by a cargo airline or another passenger airline.

1 Like

Wow, I never saw this coming, just to confirm, is it heading to the desert or a museum?

Screenshot_20180918-070049
It’s enjoying its self at 43,000 feet

5 Likes

Think about it, the international market is moving twards long haul twin engien aircraft, the 777 doesn’t only meet that, it has almost been the definition of that for almost 30 years. Sure the 787 and A350 may take a bite, but the trip is the largest of the bunch and there will always be a need for that. The 777X is doing well, and I think not only will that be a popular aircraft but will not be the last variation on the 777 air frame. This aircraft is not being retired becuais it is not needed, but becuais it is almost 30 years old and they have newer stuff coming in. Some of which is 777s…

3 Likes

Check out the event I have made for this special occasion:

2 Likes

Is it still in the air?

Yes at 43000ft

1 Like

I know but now it feels like we are going farther into the future. (I sorta like the past. 😔)

1 Like

Poor thing. Cruising at FL430 (highest I’ve ever seen a 777 go) en route to Tucson.

1 Like

Probably becuais there are no pax or cargo

Yes no pax or cargo just 130 tonnes of fuel (approx…according to SimBrief)

yeah. I wonder how it feels to be in that plane right now all alone in the cabin

Proud to say that ive been onboard that particular plane :)

3 Likes

Odd to say the least, no fights over armrests though! 😂

1 Like

Well, this is the start of the end for the first generation 777’s, and soon we will start having the third generation flying, the 777X family, unfortunately, planes will not last forever

2 Likes

I wonder if airlines will use the 777F’s for over 40 years just like FedEx with their DC-10’s…

1 Like

I was at the Pima Air & Space Museum last Saturday, had a really fun time there, even though its burning hot. Saw hundreds of aircrafts, including a DC-10, B733 and a B788, not forgetting many military aircrafts. There is definitely some space for a B772 there :)

That said however, it is most likely my first and last time in Tucson, so it is a bit of a pity that this plane will only be on display after I visited. It was still a fun experience there! #noregrets

1 Like

She is no longer over water 😢

2 Likes

Actually, United was the true first owner of the 777 with its first flight in June of '95. Cathay Pacific didn’t enter the picture until June of '98 when the 777-300 came on to the market.