The fight of butter v. grease

I got this beautifully buttered landing at KLAX airport in a Airbus A321 Etihad 2015 livery…

16 Likes

Nice! Would be cool to see a video if it.

2 Likes

That plane is a LONG way from home…

21 Likes

Nice greaser

16 Likes

Thank you! Tried to add a video, but it said it “wasn’t authorized” 🙄 well thank you anyways! @VerifiedNub @infiniteflight_17

1 Like

Nice landing! You really buttered the bread!

5 Likes

Lmao how does an Eithad A321 get to LA haha good landing though 👌

6 Likes

It flies from wherever in the Middle East to China, to Japan, to Alaska, to somewhere else in Alaska, to Washington, to LAX :)

I had to answer that, lol

3 Likes

Great Buttery Landing! That A321 took a long trip though. 👍🏻

1 Like

But But…what does butter have to do with this? Just take a look:
butter1_custom-340e5902a868b66b8f11aca60a5b2eed334971eb-s900-c85 l
Now that’s butter. Your landing ain’t this chief.

8 Likes

A butter knife applying butter to a slice of bread resembles a plane landing on the runway. Butter is smooth. There ya go. That’s the explanation. But, I don’t understand “grease”. How does this and a landing relate?

3 Likes

See the black stuff? That’s grease buddy
Not butter-butter is a dairy product and has nothing to do with aviation.

1 Like

Black grease only happens when you smash the plane onto the runway and the tires lose a part of themselves.

3 Likes

In case you’ve never seen a plane land, there’s always tire smoke and grease from said tires regardless of the landing vertical speed rate. That’s why there’s so much of it on the runway.

Grease the landing is a time honored traditional aviation phrase that has been around a lot longer than the children who butcher it by using a dairy product in it’s place.

CC @DeerCrusher

4 Likes

Very nice butter landing (and pictures) :)

2 Likes

I’m about to blow your mind: how about… you stop arguing about this and call it a “smooth landing”. Grease and butter have nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Mmmmm. A greeeeeeasy landing. Thank goodness you or anyone else didn’t mention butter. 🤭

9 Likes

You just can’t help but fuel the flame can you ;p

1 Like

GRREEEEEEEAAASE!!!

yummmmmmmm!

I mean, naturally grease causes fires when introduced to heat, so… 😂

8 Likes