The Feeling of Being Ghosted

Being ghosted is never a good feeling and I will admit I have been ghosted my fair share. What are your best ghosting stories and what happened after? Did you accidentally taxi through someone? Did your pet stand on your phone? My craziest is that my ferret stepped on my phone and it fell out of my hand while taxiing and I got ghosted. Yes, that actually happened. Post your best story below!

13 Likes

I feel like it’s unfair since most of my ghosts now are because Of WiFi problems not that I’ve been ghosted orni have yes 3 times this year but all removed because it was because of my WiFi it kept disconnecting and I crashed on to someone when I got back

1 Like

I was 5 minutes into the training server and did a barrel roll at TNCM and got ghosted. I was literally grade 2 for 5 minutes and i was ghosted.

5 Likes

That’s happened to me. Just contact the controller with the replay and usually it will get reversed.

2 Likes

You can’t get ghosted on training

2 Likes

If you go inverted in an active airspace than yes, you can

So you mean you got a violation

My bad, I thought I was ghosted but I realized that I just a violation

I’ve been ghosted 3 times, once due to me taking off when someone is on a 3 nm final, once due to a communication issue with approach, a third time for making a 360 instead of going around to increase separation (keep in mind I had already gone around once), and a 4th time at the IFVARB summit for misreading departure times for spectators (this was later reversed).

Going like Mach 3 about 900 feet above an active airport with atc on expert

4 Likes

Then another time going Mach .92 in an A319 don’t ask how that works lol

2 Likes

If I’m honest I’ve only ever been ghosted once and that was about two years ago before global, it knocked my rating down out of expert server lol I wasnt going to make the same mistake again and so far so good 👊🏻

1 Like

Sorry man, that made me laugh 🤣

1 Like

Got ghosted while I was tuned into approach into Los Angeles

While I was tuned into approach, I was also booking the OAK-MSP flight with Southwest irl, so I was basically multitasking

Well, let’s just say the approach controller gave me a left turn heading 340 but I interpreted it as a right turn heading 340 and nearly collided with another airplane on final 24R

Of course, the controller ghosted me and the feeling was not good. I looked back into the logbook to see what I did wrong and there it was: I was supposed to turn left, not right. But hey, I was able to successfully book the OAK-MSP flight irl and the ghosting didn’t really affect me much as for the week of my ghosting, I was heading to San Diego irl. Got to be on a Southwest B38M for the first time (N8711Q) and San Diego was absolutely beautiful. I learned nothing XD

After the ghosting incident, I stumbled on to the same controller as I was departing Seattle bound for San Jose and I was like in my brain, “Oh…it’s him.”

Overall, the ghosting didn’t really have an effect on me because, during that period, I was in San Diego. Sorry @Adam_Macaulay, your ghosting had no effect on me. XD -SWA100

1 Like

I was told to taxi to the runway, but didn’t realize I wasn’t told to back-taxi. I thought that’s what they meant was to back-taxi. I wasn’t the smartest then.

I got ghosted because of a glitch that pops up for me. When i hit send and switch the frequency list changes but the frequency tuned in didnt. I called inbound for landing at KDAL after being handed off by approach and was ghosted for not communicating. It was reversed as I recorded the whole thing.

I got ghosted because of ATC instructions

My 2 ghosts were because of me requesting altitudes as they were my first flights off training server, where they vector you into mountains.

1 Like

I remember when I was ghosted for the first time…

When I woke up on the dull, gray Tuesday my story starts, there was nothing about the cloudy sky outside to suggest that I was about to be ghosted. I hummed as I picked out my most boring tie for work, and my roommate gossiped away happily as she wrestled her screaming child into his high chair. Neither of us noticed a large, tawny owl flutter past the window. At half past eight, I picked up my briefcase, pecked my roommate on the cheek, and tried to hug her son good-bye but missed, because he was now having a tantrum and throwing his cereal at the walls. “Little tyke,” I chortled as I left the house. I got into my car and backed out of our drive.

It was on the corner of the street that I noticed the first sign of something peculiar — a cat reading a map. For a second, I didn’t realize what I had seen — then I jerked my head around to look again. There was a tabby cat standing on the corner of my toad, but there wasn’t a map in sight. What could I have been thinking of? It must have been a trick of the light. I blinked and stared at the cat. It stared back. As I drove around the corner and up the road, I watched the cat in my mirror. It was now reading the sign that said Privet Drive — no, looking at the sign; cats couldn’t read maps or signs. I gave myself a little shake and put the cat out of my mind. As I drove toward town I thought of nothing except a large order of drills I was hoping to get that day. But on the edge of town, drills were driven out of my mind by something else.

As I sat in the usual morning traffic jam, I couldn’t help noticing that there seemed to be a lot of strangely dressed people about. People in cloaks. I couldn’t bear people who dressed in funny clothes — the getups you saw on young people! I supposed this was some stupid new fashion. I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel and my eyes fell on a huddle of these weirdos standing quite close by. They were whispering excitedly together. I was enraged to see that a couple of them weren’t young at all; why, that man had to be older than I was, and wearing an emerald-green cloak! The nerve of him! But then it struck myself that this was probably some silly stunt — these people were obviously collecting for something… yes, that would be it.

The traffic moved on and a few minutes later, I arrived in the Grunnings parking lot, my mind back on drills. I always sat with my back to the window in my office on the ninth floor. If I hadn’t, I might have found it harder to concentrate on drills that morning. I didn’t see the owls swooping past in broad daylight, though people down in the street did; they pointed and gazed open- mouthed as owl after owl sped overhead. Most of them had never seen an owl even at nighttime.

I, however, had a perfectly normal, owl-free morning. I yelled at five different people. I made several important telephone calls and shouted a bit more. I was in a very good mood until lunchtime, when I thought I’d stretch my legs and walk across the road to buy myself a bun from the bakery. I’d forgotten all about the people in cloaks until I passed a group of them next to the baker’s. I eyed them angrily as I passed. I didn’t know why, but they made me uneasy. This bunch were whispering excitedly, too, and I couldn’t see a single collecting tin.

It was on my way back past them, clutching a large doughnut in a bag, that I caught a few words of what they were saying: “Please follow instructions or you will be ghosted”. But it was too late.

Never been ghosted, tbh. And kudos to those of you who know that story

14 Likes

Lol, every Harry Potter fan should know these few paragraphs… 😂

1 Like