The Extravagant Australian Island Trip to Gold Coast

This is my decision to make this round trip from my hometown, St. Louis to fly down to Australia to explore some Australian culture and the Australian ocean also known as Gold Coast where I fly to LA and then to New South Wales aka Sydney. So, let’s right onto it.

First Flight: American Airlines Flight 1951 - St. Louis to Los Angeles 🇺🇸
Aircraft: Airbus A320-200
Origin: St. Louis Lambert Int’l Airport (KSTL)
Destination: Los Angeles Int’l Airport (KLAX)
Flight Time: 3hrs 32mins
Server: Expert

Alrighty, let the vacation begin as we wait for our boarding announcement at gate C24 at St. Louis Airport. My home city. So excited that we are going to Australia to explore some Kangaroo, or maybe not. But our first stop to Los Angeles which is literally my first time flying to LA. I have never been there in my life.

And off we go to Hollywood 🌴😎 as we took off from St. Louis on RWY 12R in time for our western departure. That takeoff sounds fun and would like to enjoy that take off again on the next flight

And here we are cruising at FL340 as we fly past Phoenix Arizona. It’s snack time as the flight attendants began our service with a choice of either pretzel or cookies plus beverages to drink. After that, it’s time to relax and listen to music until the FA makes the announcement for us to be seated whenever the plane starts its descent.

Flight Attendants, prepare for landing as we are about to Touchdown at LAX RWY 25L. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Los Angeles after 3 hours in the sky. After we park at our terminal, we will be spending a night at a hotel until the next night since we literally layover for 28 hours. And that completes my first connecting flight.

Second Flight: American Airlines Flight 73 - 🇺🇸 Los Angeles to Sydney 🇦🇺
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Origin: Los Angeles Int’l Airport (KLAX)
Destination: Sydney Kingsford Int’l Airport (YSSY)
Flight Time: 14hrs 08mins

Finally, after a 28 hour layover, we are ready to get on this beast to fly an ultra long haul down to Sydney. How exciting is that? Really ready to go to sleep throughout this long flight. Pretty darn long as we prepare to board at Gate 42 Terminal 4 at LAX. That’s right. A Boeing 77W with the GE90 engine that blows that loud noise that people can hear from inside the airport when it starts up

OMG, my favorite Island of Hawaii as we cruise past Kahului Hawaii at FL360 plus we are most definitely sleeping due to the 18 hour time difference and its dark. We have been in the sky for 4 hours and plus, we ate a delicious dinner onboard. After that, I slept and listened to my African music the whole time until the descent announcement was made prior to landing at Sydney

After a restful 14 hours in the sky, we have descended and now approaching Sydney airport RWY 16R. A morning nasty, gusty approach spotting a Cathay Pacific A350-900 holding short RWY 16R and a Qantas Boeing 787-9 as number 2 for takeoff RWY 16R. Luckily, we have safely touched down and we are here in Sydney and time for our 4-hour layover transitioning from the Int’l Terminal 1 to Domestic Terminal 3 for our final Qantas Flight to Gold Coast. Are you ready? Let’s go!

Final Flight: Qantas Airways Flight 692 - Sydney to Gold Coast 🇦🇺
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Origin: Sydney Kingsford Int’l Airport (YSSY)
Destination: Gold Coast Int’l Airport (YBCG)
Flight Time: 1hr 11mins

It’s 1:00 PM in Sydney and we are now at Gate 6 at Terminal 3 getting ready to board this final flight down to Gold Coast. I am so hungry that I want to get something to eat before I board this plane and if there is no time, I can take it on board and eat as we takeoff.

After an afternoon gusty takeoff, we made it to the safe zone and now cruising at FL350 going north as we fly past the Maclay River before we start our top of descent for Gold Coast. Plus some Australian snacks that I tried which is different from American Snacks. Oh man, this is something that I never in my life experience. A Nigerian American traveling to Australia. But Ok.

And here we are as we touchdown RWY 14 at Gold Coast International Airport and then get parking at the Terminal for us to spend a few days at the Hotel for a Vacation in Gold Coast. Let’s go sightseeing across Gold Coast and then the beach. It’s like being in our home town but now riding inside of a vehicle on the left side of the road as the driver drives the car on the right side from our usual driving. We drive our vehicles on the left side on the right side of the road and now, we are in a different world. First time in Australia.

Hope you enjoyed my screenshots.

19 Likes

Welcome to Australia!

Nice shots 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Nice screens and an even nicer topic!

Thank you so much @Marcel001, @Cameron_M, and @iidvdii

2 Likes

Nice topic! It’s as if I’m going on a trip with you. It’s always interesting to see what airlines and routes you take to get from point to point.

1 Like