The European St Maarten ( SKIATHOS SPOTTING )

Your probably asking, “why am I posting the spotting now instead of after the trip is done?” Well it’s because spotting was the key part of the trip like when I spent a weekend in Sint Maarten 🇸🇽🏝️ back in May but I didn’t only do spotting I went around to explore the island and went to some nice beaches and bought some amazing souvenirs along the way! But I of course as an av geek and came here mainly for the airport I had to squeeze time for spotting so that’s what I did today on my last day here in Skiathos 🇬🇷🏝️ tomorrow I start the journey back home 1st on another TUI 737-800 to London Gatwick 🇬🇧🎡 change to Heathrow and board an American 777-300ER to Miami 🏝️😎 but anyways, LETS BEGIN!

Scandinavian “SAS” Airbus A320-200 from Stockholm 🇸🇪

Same Airbus A320-200 ready to go back home!

It isn’t a small European airport without everybody’s favorite airline, Ryanair Boeing 737-800 inbound from Vienna 🇦🇹

Back home she goes!

Despite liking my spot up on the hill, I wanted to head down to get closer to the planes and get the true experience of Skiathos with the planes passing just over your head like Sint Maarten 🇸🇽🏝️ and just in time to see this TUI Boeing 737-800 coming from London LGW 🇬🇧🎡 similar to the one I’ll be flying in tomorrow!

And just like at SXM, Jet Blast 💥 is INSANE in fact, I’d say it’s more rough than SXM but it’s more fun without a doubt, hope everybody enjoys their flight back to Gatwick!

Before heading up the hill again, I went onto live flight and saw this Wizz Airbus A321-200 from Bucharest 🇷🇴 and stayed for the better, unfortunately it didn’t pass over as low as that famous video but still a great catch!

Despite now approach very low like I wanted it to, the blast for sure made up for it!

As the sun set, I went back up the hill to catch the final plane of the day, this Jet2 Boeing 737-800 from Bristol 🇬🇧

Final shot of the day, here she is RWY 01 cleared for take off for the flight back to Bristol! Overall, this was a fun experience in Skiathos mainly the airport but I still enjoyed the entire island itself, in fact I totally FORGOT about spotting and good thing I did last minute because if I didn’t, I would have to come back for that but I honestly don’t mind coming back this island is DOPE 🔥👌 anyways thanks for coming along with me on this trip, tomorrow we will be beginning the return home with a flight to Gatwick with TUI again praying I have better cabin crew on that flight than my flight here but as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉

16 Likes

nice shots!

2 Likes

Sickkk shots mate:))

1 Like

Amazing pictures! Did you enjoy the airport? Took some time to bring it alive and match it woth the real life one… :)

4 Likes

Yup I love it I even prefer LGSK over TNCM

3 Likes

I totally agree!