The Erickson Crane!

During our transition From Erickson Alaska to Pathfinder Aviation one of the final salute to us was the time our S-64 Erickson Skycrane came to Anchorage!

The S-64 is the civilian model of the Sikorsky CH54B. Erickson bought the Type certificate in '92 and has made over 1300 different changes from the CH54B. Our S-64 was an original CH-54B that came to Anchorage for a construction contract!
It made two one coming from our HQ in Oregon when it came to Anchorage, refueling in Bellingham WA.
Please enjoy these shots of me next to our Crane and the S64!

8 Likes

Made famous thanks to GTA 4 right?

3 Likes

Alright you lost me there, does GTA 4 have a crane?

1 Like

It has this I’m pretty sure. I have never played the game just watched it on YT when I was younger and board.

2 Likes

Hey Gypsy Lady!
That’s pretty sweet I never knew that!

Are you sure that isn’t gta San Andreas?

EDIT: it is GTA Vice City

2 Likes

Damn, always wanted to know what this helicopter was called!

That’s a really funny looking helicopter

You are welcome!
It’s officially the Erickson S-64 Aircrane, the Official name for the crane when it was the Sikorsky CH54B Was “Tarhe” which is named after an18th-century chief of the Wyandot Indian tribe!

1 Like

Honestly it is a really unique and badass looking helicopter. Cheers man!

1 Like

While it looks funny it holds a record for the fastest climb Altitude in Horizontal Flight, of 31,483 feet

1 Like

It is! I am hoping to get Typed in it one day! It’s loud, and noise but I love it!

1 Like

This helicopter was parked at my local airport (MESA GATEWAY) for a couple months. I often stopped by to look at it! Very cool aircraft! :)

Helicopter sir* Lol that’s awesome! The crane is a beautiful site!

1 Like

Must be awesome to get that close! A few of these operate in Australia to fight bushfires.

1 Like

Perks of working for them ;)

2 Likes

Saw one of those bad boys come into my home airport a while ago. Awesome machines

I didn’t know aircraft could look this hideous… wow.

Welcome to the world of Aviation!
Here’s the Crane’s Russian counterpart the MI10

I’m not well versed in GTA because I used to watch it on YouTube but now I only really watch things about aviation.

1 Like