The CRJ has a horn?

I was looking at the landing gear switch when I saw that next to it was a horn and I was wondering how I would be used in real life

BTW I don’t know what category this fits into

1 Like

#realworldaviation is your category.

1 Like

Thank you @OrcaKid

1 Like

It is used on the ground to warn ground workers and vehicles that either they are starting their engines, or they’re starting their taxi.

4 Likes

I think that’s correct. IDK though.

1 Like

I could just see this being used on Casual serever

2 Likes

Lol, I agree!

2 Likes

Maybe in a few years

5 Likes

My guess is this “horn” is the gear horn shut off. Normally there’s a ground crew call button that makes a sound to basically call the ground crew lol.

1 Like

The CRJ does not have a horn. This button is to mute the landing gear warning horn, which will sound if:

• Airplane is below 1,000 AGL, and
  • Rate of descent is >= 400 fpm, and
  • Landing gear is not down and locked.

11 Likes

Lol in what world would an airliner have a horn

1 Like

I believe they have some kind of a horn to call ground crew tho. Might check that later.

3 Likes

Google is our friend :

3 Likes

Yes, at least I know the 737 does.

1 Like

Disclaimer beware headphone users that would annoy anyone 🤣

3 Likes

The 146 had an actual horn* and not one of these new fangled siren things.

*For parping at things outside.

1 Like

Aircraft have a kind of horn, in the 737 it is operated by the Ground Call button, it isn’t to use in the same way as a car horn, it is to get the attention of the ground crew, however, it is generally not used as the pilots wait for ground to call them.

1 Like

I use it to clear birds on the taxiway.

1 Like

Which is why I said generally, I’m sure some pilots have their own little uses for it, but at least according to other pilots it is rarely used, as the ground crew usually calls the pilot.

2 Likes

Isn’t an aircraft already loud enough? I doubt a horn will phase a bird that doesn’t care about a 737 😂

2 Likes