The Butter Recap: 2023

Hello everyone!

As the year slowly comes to a close, there have been numerous topics about year in reviews, so I decided to do my own. In this topic I will be sharing my best photos from 2023.

Enjoy

Taken on January 8th at Long Beach Airport

While charters are often at along Beach, it’s not every day that you get the opportunity to see two of them within one session. Well I was fortunate enough to be able to see two Sun Country Charters that day. Topic

Taken on March 26th at Los Angeles International

After purchasing a telescope that can attach to an iPhone, I decided to take it out for a spin, and it worked to my liking considering at the time I didn’t have a proper camera. This shot is also special because it is my first time seeing one of my favorite 737 liveries. Topic. Note that this was not uploaded for several months.

Taken on June 18th at Los Angeles International

One of my personal favorite shots simply for the reason that this was the first A350 I would ever fly on. This shot was also part of my Terminal Spotting series where each city I went to, I tried to get aircraft shots from the terminal. Topic

Taken on June 27th in Hamburg

This was truly an amazing experience as this spotting was not taken at any airport, rather a miniature one. As a part of stopping in Germany, I had the privilege to be able to visit the Miniature Wonderland which is a place I will never forget. Topic

Taken on September 17th at Los Angeles International

When 24R closed temporarily, most northern arrivals had to land on 24L, this made for some close up shots. This is Arizona One from Oakland.
Topic

Taken on October 1st in Huntington Beach

The Pacific Airshow is one of the best airshows out there. Going for the last 3 years, I know the good spots for shots and this year I got some incredible ones! First shot is the F-35C demo, the last two are the F-22 demo. Topic

Taken on November 20th at Los Angeles International

Perhaps one of my best shots. This was taken on the north side of the airport in a parking lot where aircraft flew right overhead, making for some great shots. During this session, I also had the privilege of seeing Lufthansa’s A380 return to LAX. That was the first time I saw it in over 3 years. Topic

Taken on November 11th at Palm Springs International

For the final photo of the spotting recap, I had to end it in Palm Springs despite it being out of order. This was one of the three to was able to spot at PSP and out of the three sessions, the session with this photo was the best. Topic

I am looking forward to an amazing 2024 and hopefully being able to catch better shots with my new camera. New Year, New me!

Thanks for viewing

22 Likes

These are really nice! Good job, and to another year!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Beautiful! Also, ever did night spotting? I fly into LAX on January 2nd, HA34, 9PM. A330-200 LETS GOOOO

1 Like

No, simply because of the iPhone quality at night.

Nice! Unfortunately I’ll be in Palm Springs on that day

2 Likes

Wow. That’s all I can say! I remember as each of these topics came out, I remember liking them, commenting, saving some of the photos. It feels like I remember these being posted yesterday! Here’s to an amazing 2024!!!

1 Like

Thank you! Cheers to 2024

1 Like

This one looks like infinite flight lol

Nice shots as always 👍

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

nice photos my fav is the finnair

1 Like

Won’t be so unfortunate for me ;)

1 Like

Nice lol

I think there’s a lot of potential for you to really improve and get some impressive shots in 2024 with decent equipment and more practice.

Thanks! Will be trying out my new equipment hopefully tomorrow

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.