The Blue Skies of Portland to a Sunset on the Shores of La Jolla

Insert Generic Welcome Message Here
So ever since I flew Portland to Seattle and back to Portland a few weeks ago, I’ve really loved flying out of Portland and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite airports. A few days ago I flew Portland to San Diego, I used the Alaska A320, which, If you’ve seen my posts for long enough you would know is my favorite livery and I always seem to post on Thursday’s.

The main reason I flew into San Diego is because im a big Golf Fan and the PGA Tour is at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines just north of San Diego. On approach you actually fly right by the course so I figured I would fly to San Diego and have this post on the first day of the tournament.

Flight Details

KPDX-KSAN • PDX-SAN
Portland to San Diego
Alaska 643
Airbus A320
2:05

Leaving the Blue Skies of the Rip City in the Early Afternoon Climbing out with an amazing view of Mount Hood The deserts of the Northern California Town of Mendota A Delta A350 passes overhead on its long flight over the Pacific Descending over the huge Los Angeles Metropolis The sun begins to set as we descend Crossing the Coast over the Torrey Pines Golf Courses and La Jolla Cleared to land in the Pink light of Southern California On short final into runway 27 Touching down just after 5 PM in San Diego

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

23 Likes

I see you. I see you at PDX.

2 Likes

I can tell these are your photos even before I click, just from the title.

I LOVE photo #4. Please, keep it up!

1 Like

Wonderful as always!

1 Like

Great pics as always! The sunset looks really cool, especially with the blue on the tail. I really love the one with Delta!

1 Like

Nice photos! Two of the most scenic coastal airports in North America

1 Like

Keep those up! Those are beautiful!

1 Like

Haha, my titles are always

Describe something about departure city to Insert Time of day scenery around arrival airport

1 Like

Thank you! 👍

1 Like

The Alaska livery with a sunset is always stunning

1 Like

They definitely are! And they’re all overshadowed by Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles

1 Like

Thank you as always @Tsumia!

1 Like

Love it. Alaskan Airlines A320 Infinite Flight 2nd Best Voted Livery 🤩

1 Like

What’s the first best then?
Alaska has to be the best 😂
:(

Wow! The A320/A350 shot, the fantastic livery and the mountains!
And the first picture which looks like a IRL planespotting picture!

Once again a topic I highly enjoyed! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! The snow capped mountains of the Pacific Northwest are always stunning

And I like trying to make my departure pictures seem like a plane-spotters view. I’m pretty sure my last 3 posts have had almost the same angle on takeoff 😂 but I always like the way they work

1 Like