The biggest problem in Training Server (KLAX)

Then you should try to join IFATC if you meet all the requirements. You can also make an ATC tracking thread so pilots in the IFC come and evaluate your ATC skills.

2 Likes

I am joining IFATC in training

That’s cool. If you are really interested in ATC, i would still suggest you to join IFATC, where you can have a professional experience as ATC.

Here the requirements if you don’t already know them:

OK But I have a level 2 violation 2 weeks ago😭😭

That’s a pity.

In the meantime try to gain more ATC experience as you are already doing with the “IFATC in training” program. Make sure to revise the ATC manual so you can be fully prepared for the written test.

If you have any further questions or concerns don’t hesitate to ask!

2 Likes

I don’t see that you have made any ATC tracking thread yet. ATC Tracking thread are really useful for you to practice your ATC skills. You may refer to the tutorial below on how to create one.

As mentioned in the guide, not recommended to open big airports like KLAX, EGLL, etc. You may wish to choose airports which has parallel runways to maximize your training

2 Likes

But I have made one

In that case, I may have missed it.

I totally agree with your statement there! Places like LA and Heathrow can get frequently congested overtime and its time they implemented changes to training server. One of things they need is second person as tower or ground for example, second having Notam would be useful so people know which runway to use and not to use like what they have on expert and last one being actually able to report people who are disobeying instructions. Never lose site of training, it can be fun but yeah there does need to be some integrity and respect in place to ensure enjoyable experience.

1 Like

Good idea bro😊😊

1 Like

Thxs man! Really appreciate it! 😊

@Fung_Sum-sum does have a tracking thread but it only seems to have been open once, two weeks ago. I would encourage you to use that to advertise your presence on the training server and you might find people drop by to give you some practice.

Just remember to keep the status up to date in the title, leaving it open after you close up is frustrating and will put people off.

1 Like

this is a very large issue and that is just TS if you want those realistic operations open up a smaller airport and announce it on your tracking thread.

He is aready in the program and have been in it for 2 weeks or so. C: @Edoardo_C

Do I need to copy it

You can edit it.

Also, here’s the ATC manual for IF.
You can learn a lot from this compact explanation of everything you need to know to become IFATC

Good luck👍🙂

A few answers to your statements/questions above:

1. If the go arounds are happening because of your controlling the best thing I can suggest is opening a single runway airport and practicing arrival/arrival, departure/arrival and arrival/departure situations as displayed in this video as this is often the cause of Go Arounds initiated by atc:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLk-qK0tJH4&t=61s

2. If traffic is at a low/medium level there´s no such thing as a “too small” aircraft. Yes, it might not be appropriate for the airport in question (KLAX) but you can try and fit them in nonetheless. It´s great practice!

3. This has and always will be a problem with the Training Server but you can enjoy it in other ways.

• In real life there are bad pilots too, try and deal with them in a professional manner regardless of their experience.
  • You can always ignore a specific user or give them less attention if they are obviously trolling.
  • You can treat bad pilots as emergencies and fave some fun by creating room for them.
    (Just some personal ideas on how I used to have fun on the training server)
  1. Answered above-

2. Everyone needs to start somewhere and the training server is one of the best places to do so ;)
    We have all had that first stressfull session at EGLL on the TS, people aren´t perfec but are always learning more.

6 Likes

This isnt a problem just in Training, its a problem on Expert aswell. Some people dont like to be realistic and as much as it bothers me sometimes there is nothing we can do

Training server isn’t lenient enough which is the problem here, its more like a amateur level experience. Its time it changed! Introducing similar stuff compared to expert would be helpful in a way to enjoy a better experience for all regardless if your new to if! Training server shouldn’t even be a level for trolls, that should be for casual not training!

Nobody goes around when told to 123456 go around. Say that once every 15 seconds they still land on the runway.

1 Like