The Benefits of a Mobile Flight Simulator

This is an amazing article. I am amazing how motivating this app really is. I found Infinite Flight to be a complete life-changer. I especially love the community and the idea of “virtual airlines”. This really gave me the opportunity to work on my leadership skills and the IFVARB really make it somewhat like a start-up kind of feeling.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Incredible article Jason :)

2 Likes

This is very nice article!! Well done Jason!!

2 Likes

This article turned out great Jason. I hope that others will be inspired to pursue their dreams of becoming a pilot or air traffic controller. Doesn’t matter if you’re young or aged like fine wine, this app has brought together unique groups of people.

That’s pretty neat!

16 Likes

@jasonrosewell , you’re not going to believe this, but the paparazzi is following me around already! Had to leave the sprinklers on so they would stop trying to climb in through the windows, just to get a 30 second interview. Sigh, the life of the famous. Woe is me!

8 Likes

I can definitely attest to infinite flight being a big help with PPL training - especially with ATC communications!

First solo is on March 15th, let’s see how it goes :)

2 Likes

I think he’s calling me old… or a drunk. Either way, YOLO

11 Likes

NICE! Let us know how it goes please 🙂

1 Like

Of course :)

I think it’s both.

Oops, i did not intend for that to be a public post… ehehehe

13 Likes

The article turned out great, nice work Jason!

I’m envious of all the young people getting introduced to aviation through Infinite Flight and the surrounding community. When I started, I just played around on FSX with no real guidance. For all of you out there considering a hobby or career in aviation, take advantage of this! Pilots love to talk about flying, and I think I speak for the entire aviation community when I say any of us are more than happy to answer questions, offer guidance, and help inspire the next generation.

Keep up the great work, Infinite Flight!

4 Likes

This reminds me of a video where Kurt Russel (actor) talks about becoming a pilot. Check it out at 2:35.

…it was very evident to me very quickly, was that all pilots’ favorite people were new pilots. They were so excited for them. You have no idea how great it can be.

5 Likes

Sadly I was a little late to this topic 😅

I was given a gift flight ‘experience’ about 1½ years ago, and me playing Infinite Flight since about 2014, and only have live for about a year, I was only restricted to a few zones. I flew a Piper PA-28, which I loved, but both in the stormy weather, wasn’t the best, but I thoroughly enjoyed the fun ride! I did have a bit of a ‘death grip’ on the controls, but this was my first time flying. 🤷‍♂️

I then continued on and began to pay for more lessons for the flying club (Lydd Aero Club), so a few weeks back, I flew again, this time in a C152. The difference that I had, was astounding. From my first flight gripping on the controls, to one handed all the way, completing the entire flight from the Apron and back without any instructor input, I owe all to Infinite Flight. Ever since the new 172 has come out, it has interested me and inspired me to fly with General Aviation aircraft. I dream of being a commercial pilot (ideally in Canada, so look to the skies, Jason!), so I tend to always fly commercial in Infinite Flight unless it is a General Aviation themed schedule, or I have some spare time on my hands.

Here are two videos, the first, me on my first flight, and the second, my most recent one. The only experience I have is from the real world, which is currently only short of 10ish hours, and Infinite Flight, which is over 2,125.

(If you wondered why I was nodding, it was because my headset was broken. I didn’t have a working mic. That’s been fixed since.

I turned left a few times, we were basically navigating ourselves VFR to a VOR. Doesn’t seem right? The VOR was in a town we were flying VFR to. (And from)

If you can’t see my improvements between these two flights, then… idk. But if you do, then it shows that I want to say a massive “thank you” to all the Infinite Flight staff and moderators, for both developing an amazing game, keeping outstanding customer contact and satisfaction, and also the moderators, for their amazing work put into the community, both being a real help, great humour, and keeping our community, a safe, positive place.

Infinite Flight has kept my passion alive, I don’t plan to leave. I know people say that, but I i use no other sim and don’t plan to, as well as my life going into aviation and I know my passion won’t change. I love seeing the development of games, and I can’t wait to what will be brought over the years. I hope to meet you all, the people I talk to daily, at a meetup or somewhere. As soon as I get the details for an IF event in the UK, I’ll attend the best I can! I went to the Heathrow meetup when I was new to the community and IF Live, so that was a downside slightly. I sadly missed Cosford becuase my dad just thought ‘that’s too far away’, but after I showed him a few live streams, and showed my efforts into it, we also visited my sister shortly after in Shrewsbury/Birmingham, so we passed Cosford which won’t lie, really made me think and brought a tear quietly to my eye. Anyway my dad seemed to realise how much Infinite Flight actually means to me (which is a bloomin lot), so he promised that he would take me to the next event in the UK. Well I hope… There are some people out there who I talk to daily, and in the UK you know that you could see them, but just can’t add a picture to their face.

I know this was like an extended version of one article, but I want to share my experiences and passion, with the community I love.

– Ethan Cooper

Spelling mistakes R Us. It’s 7am -_-

12 Likes

Once you get your PPL you gonna apply for airline or private company?

Brilliant topic @jasonrosewell.
Done a few trail flights over the years and my dream is to be able to afford lessons.
Fingers crossed 🤞

2 Likes

This is a really inspiring article I have to say, Jason. Reading the stories and journeys of all of these young and older aviation enthusiasts and Pilots just shows how vast the world of flying really is.

Im delighted to say that I have confirmed my future job to be a pilot, and have a confirmed PPL course starting in 2-ish years. I’ll be using Infinite flight to practice until then 😉

Hopefully my story will be up there in a few years to inspire how my journey started.

I can just imagine talking in the future (if I become a successful pilot)

So, how did you become a pilot?”

“Well, it started because of this simulator called Infinite flight…”

Reading these replies and the article really brought a smile to my face and lit up my dull day, thank you!

5 Likes

Incredible read!
Thanks jasonrosewell

(Save you the ping)

For me, I’ll hopefully be starting Flight School in a couple of years. Infinite Flight has taught me a lot in my years of playing since 2013. I’ve learned the most about flying than I ever have in the past 12 months from this amazing community, I used to fly every aircraft the same, if it was a smallish aircraft like the A320 I would fly the final approach speed at 140 knots, I now fly it depending on weight. For the wide-body aircraft like the 777, I would fly the final approach at 150 knots, once again I now do it by weight. Also, Infinite Flight had reignited my love for aviation, I wanted to become an app developer but instead changed my path once I downloaded Infinite Flight again.

So thanks to the entire staff team for helping me gain more aviation knowledge and making an amazing app for us.

5 Likes

I’m late to this, but IF has truly helped me with my aviation journey.

I’ve been flying for almost 4 years now and am nearing my 16th birthday when I will finally be able to solo. With between 60-70 hours total flown, I have a decent amount of experience.

That being said, IF played a key role in getting familiar with ATC comms. I was never afraid to talk with ATC, but I had trouble understanding what they were saying in my earlier days. Back in 2017, flying with IFATC truly helped me understand some of the concepts that directly connected to real-world flying.

This knowledge came in handy when I started my quest to join IFATC on May 24, 2019 and managed to pass my practical on May 27, 2019. I was able to apply my RW and IF knowledge to accomplish this goal.

Additionally, the understanding of flight planning, navigation, or even fuel planning I gained from IF directly correlated to my real-world training which was extremely beneficial.

All-in-all, IF has been so beneficial to my understanding of real-world procedures. Even if it didn’t teach me how to control the aircraft, it has served as a baseline for many concepts that are required for being a successful pilot.

6 Likes

Really appreciate you sharing your story. It was great to hear how you use IF as a tool to become more proficient in your real flying…and just because of your love of flight.

From the few times I’ve flown with you, it always seemed like you flew IRL. Great to have you as a part of the community for all these years and now as a Mod.

1 Like