The Beijing-Shanghai Express in an A359

The Beijing-Shanghai air express, opened in 2007, is served by 5 major airlines in China. Passengers travelling on this route can get access to unique check-in counters, security check passages, boarding gates as well as baggage-claiming area, to increase the efficiency. Therefore it is popular among business travellers.

This route is so iconic that it is also famous among Chinese avgeeks. Many of us have flown this route for countless of times!

Now enjoy the shots!

Server: Expert
Route: Shanghai Hongqiao (ZSSS) - Beijing Capital (ZBAA)
Time: approx. 2h

Preparing for the flight
Most of the flights depart in the morning. At morning peak times a flight on this route takes off every 15 minutes!

Blasting off from Hongqiao Intโ€™l!

Cruising over the vast Middle-lower Yangtze Plain (time for some snacks!)

Crossing the Bohai Sea as we begin descent

The approach into Beijing was captured by one of the planespotters at the Eight Trigrams Platform ๐Ÿ“ธ
(Itโ€™s a well-known spot among local planespotters)

Butter landing as usual, weโ€™ve arrived the destination. After disembarkation, the preparation for the return flight begins โ€ฆ

POP QUIZ!

Apart from the Big Three airlines (CCA, CSN and CES), which airlines are also among the 5 operators of this route?
  • Juneyao Airlines
  • Shanghai Airlines
  • Sichuan Airlines
  • Hainan Airlines
  • Xiamen Air

0 voters

Also, please rate those pics!

0 voters

8 Likes

Never flown out of Shanghai Hongqiao before. Need to try that.

1 Like

You can try it on Wednesday, when Hongqiao is featured in this weekโ€™s ATC schedule ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Like

We just canโ€™t stop flying this route ourselves! Averaging 7 PIREPS from our pilots a week on this route, it is among the most popular routes flown by Air China Virtual Pilots. These are some awesome screenshots too!

1 Like

Your poll is broken lol. CSN is not currently flying SHA-PEK (only SHA-PKX), and if you count that 4 out of the 5 options do either SHA-PKX or SHA-PEK.

1 Like

๐Ÿ˜‰ Fly together ๐Ÿ˜

Nice pics Mate!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ฅ

1 Like

My bad ๐Ÿ˜… I meant the starting operators in 2007, which would makes more sense (unfortunately I cannot edit polls)