The Baby 'Bus : An interesting long-haul route

Dear IF Team and fellow pilots,

For an interesting long-haul route to try in IF from the #real-world-aviation , you might want to consider British Airways Flight 1. Operating BA’s only Airbus A318 (nicknamed the baby 'bus), the flight route is from EGLC to KJFK with a 90-min stop at EINN (aircraft can’t take the full fuel load at EGLC due to lack of room for takeoff). Up to 32 passengers are taken in the route. Leaves EGLC at 9:55 to arrive at KJFK by 15:35; you only need an hour of fuel plus contingency for the EINN leg.

19 Likes

Always interesting to push aircraft to the limits, whether it be a narrowbody or a widebody.

2 Likes

Hi!

I guess this would take up #screenshots-and-videos as it is a suggestion or look at a flight you’ve done. Just make sure to comply with their rules, as this isn’t a #general topic.

About the Screenshots and Videos Category

• Create one topic per photo group such as event, flight, or spotting session.

I always find BA1 interesting. (That’s the flight number)

Interesting how they operate a A318 from such a small airport as London City (which I’m fairly local to), stop over in Shannon, Ireland (EINN) for the international border control, then carry on their way to New York JFK. The return is a straight KJFK-EGLC route though. I’ve only flown EGLC-EINN in my VERY early days of IF. I really should do this route at some point.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding us of the specifics of this! I knew this existed and I’ve wanted to fly it, but I never knew the details.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more…and I think that’s definitely one of the reasons I’m grateful for IF, it gives us the platform to do that :)

Amended the category :)

Yeah BA1 is very much the designation (sorry, I had mentioned the flight number directly and not as a callsign :) ) Yeah I’m wanting to try this route again too.

No Problem :) Glad to help a fellow sim pilot…

1 Like

It is an interesting and fun route to fly, great to be able to fly it!

1 Like

Flew this route after flying around the UK from EGLC a month or two back for the FNF. Super fun.

1 Like

Haha indeed :)

1 Like

That’s great :)

I read somewhere (here maybe) that this line is one of the most profitable in the world! Worth trying, then.

1 Like

Yup, worth a shot :)

One of the cool facts about this route is that the flight numbers (BA1 and BA2) were the Concorde’s flight numbers when BA flew them between JFK and London!

2 Likes

Yeah…even though that beautiful bird is gone, BA still maintains the route’s legacy of being a unique one :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.