The ATC Staffing Evolution Continues

Really looking forward to this!!

Great job everyone!

2 Likes

There are people that agree with you, which is why Tyler (and the rest of the ATC team) selected this hybrid system. It still allows for people to staff any airport in addition to the hub airports. Events will still be staffed and large airports that are fun to control will also be staffed. The idea with this new system is to have the best of both worlds. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

2 Likes

Oh well, looking forward to the new system regardless.

1 Like

Let’s go, this is back. The schedule makes lots of fun, and lots of places to see, sad I don’t have pro rn since I have school

This is great! ATC schedules were great and it was part of what made Infinite Flight and Infinite Flight Community so special to know that a community of people would be staffing airports everyday. It really includes a level of predictability as to what airports will include ATC service for that day/time which I think is amazing, and to have the option for IFATC to open other airports is great!

1 Like

Good move! I always enjoyed how the weekly schedule coaxed me to explore regions, airports, and airlines I otherwise would not.

Really positive change for ATC and pilots!

I am really pleased this is coming back, I was finding it difficult as a pilot looking for controlled airports for takeoff and landing. Thanks

1 Like

@Tyler_Shelton Im guessing you will provide a pinned topic on the forum that will show the monthly schedule? Also will the scheduled times be synced for the time zones we are in?

Region Changes will occur at 0600z everyday

And somehow it will be pinned , My guess

1 Like

He explicitly covers this in his post. It will be pinned to the ATC category.

1 Like

Ah ok, so once every 24 hours at 0600zulu they will switch to another group of airports?

Absolutely correct!

I am very amateur in ATC, currently operating Training but meet all the other requirements, I would love to perform or get trained to collaborate in Central America Airspace, if someone wants to help me 😋

2 Likes

Here you can take a look at this post by Tyler which explains all the details regarding joining IFATC

Would really like to see you in the wonderful community!

1 Like

Brilliant article. Great to see how this Community, including the IFATC team, can align, adapt and learn.
Have fun with the new hybrid system!

16 Likes

Can’t wait for this!

1 Like

Miss seeing you around bud. Hope all is well

1 Like

Miss you…☹

1 Like

When’s ATC schedule coming