The ATC Staffing Evolution Continues

Looking forward, hopefully this will bring more coverage to often overlooked regions like Africa!

2 Likes

Brilliant! Looking forward to this

Well, we don’t want to say that users cannot express any negative opinions on the new system. Everyone’s voice matter, but I do understand where you’re coming from. I think this will be a good compromise for everyone, both controllers and pilots!

7 Likes

It’ll be important to ensure we manage our expectations a bit in terms of underserved areas. The permanent ATC schedule and ATC region systems never produced heavy traffic or ATC staffing in certain areas. While it’s nice to feature them on occasion I don’t plan to use this schedule to force certain airports/regions that have already proven to be less than desirable.

The 3-5 airports will serve as a nice daily anchor for pilots to find predictable service but also for controllers to choose complimenting airports which they’re now completely free to do.

October’s schedule will primarily feature new airports which never got their proper spotlight! I look forward to this next chapter with you all. 🙂

24 Likes

Can’t wait to fly with the new ATC System!

Really looking forward to the return of ATC Schedulen😍

I don’t know how to old ATC system operated, but this is definitely going to be a lot nicer experience for pilots, as well as more freedom for us controllers.

1 Like

It’s a wonderful idea, most IFATC controllers will be eager to carry out this new system!

1 Like

Looking forward to this 🙏🏾

Amazing system that let pilots predict active ATC at featured airports whilst maintaining controllers freedom worldwide. Hope this makes everyone happy 🙏

3 Likes

Yes!! This will be way better!

Passion Maketh Perfect.

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this! Both on the ATC and flying side. I don’t think the regions were a total failure. Like you said…sometimes change can reveal what is needed. I think this is a great alternative that really works for everybody. Thanks for making the change and always keeping an open mind! This is gonna be great! Thanks, Tyler!

3 Likes

Nice!! lot of people will love this system! Thanks to Tyler and the IF staff for making this system!

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks a lot Tyler, looking forward towards it. You did the best thing and I’m pretty sure this is gonna be a blast for IF!🍻😊

2 Likes

Hey, I’m really glad I complained relentlessly, didn’t give up and was “full of words” ( as Tyler said). Those words hit the mark and were effective, clearly, so for me all those tough criticisms, which never got me any friends, were worth it for the whole communities benefit.

This is what we needed from the start of the changes, so its welcome now at last! It is still a positive that we can get events controlled if folks are available, but ultimately the return of a “schedule” and forward planning abilities will mean the most 😀

5 Likes

I think an added bonus to this is controllers around the world can team up for takeovers rather than just controllers from one region (which often left lots of event airports unstaffed) for ATC focused events. Loving the change!

1 Like

The best of both worlds. Looking forward to this!!

I can’t wait until it starts. A new journey of IFATC begins and I guarantee this will benefit both controllers and pilots!

Hopefully everyone will enjoy it as much as we will at IFATC! Great job Tyler!

1 Like

It was always inevitable 😉

1 Like